Advice re OV cabins on Amsterdam

xjust4fun

We are seriously contemplating a long cruise in a large OV on the Amsterdam. We have never sailed in a OV before. There is many rooms still available, we were looking at 2713 or 2715. We were wondering if there is lots of noise and vibration in that location. Can anyone provide us any recommendation on rooms that might be suitable and are bigger than normal. Thanking you all in advance for your suggestions.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Personally, I would prefer a cabin forward of the aft elevator, and aft of the forward elevator; I wouldn't take one as far aft as you are looking at.

Even a cabin on the side, one aft of the elevator there would be preferable. There is just too much possibility for shaking and movement there.

I had a cabin in a similar location on the Maasdam (very similar deck plan), but one deck higher. The shaking when we came into port would have wakened the dead.

I will say that I didn't feel anything the rest of the time, but I was a little more forward, and one deck up, so that made a difference.