Question about Deck 11 on Jade

mimi7ccr

We are booked into Cabin 11079, Deck 11 inside on Jade. Right above us is a large empty white space shown on Deck plan, right next to Kid's Cafe and Garden Cafe. Does anyone know what this is; if it's crew space for meal prep? Might it be noise to be underneath it? There's still time for us to move location, so if anyone knows what this is, please let me know. Thanks so much.

Thank you for that info. In your opinion would this be noisy?

Hard to say. There certainly will be foot traffic there during meal hours, but no "chair dragging" like under the pool area.

The buffet is not open all night, either

• 3 years later...

Hopefully it should be quiet... just as an aside that is always the one thing I do before choosing a room is check to make sure nothing above or below except other cabins, and why I do no book a guarantee room. It took one time being in a room with a late night venue BELOW us and that was enough! It was not the noise so much, as the bass!

Also be wary of stairwells, and far forward rooms and aft rooms where there might be an anchor. If the sea is rough the anchor "clangs" in the housing. We had this happen the first night on the Spirit, it was like a roller coaster, up up up CLANG....down down down CLANG. Thank goodness we do not get seasick, hubby and I laughed for hours, unto the ship outpaced that weather, pretending we were on some crazy roller coaster. We were lucky it was our first night and it did not repeat.

Hope the room works out for you!

Have a great cruise!

We stayed in a cabin under the kitchen area once ( another cruise line) ...never again !

We thought how noisy can it be in the middle of the night ....well we found out .

Kitchen preparing for the next day started at 3AM every night ....we heard clanging glassware , rolling carts , pots and pans banging . We didn’t have one good night of sleep the whole cruise .

We stayed in a cabin under the kitchen area once ( another cruise line) ...never again !

We thought how noisy can it be in the middle of the night ....well we found out .

Kitchen preparing for the next day started at 3AM every night ....we heard clanging glassware , rolling carts , pots and pans banging . We didn’t have one good night of sleep the whole cruise .

I hear you on that. That and other the weightlifting area. I’m on my 2nd noisemaker from Brookstone. Actually, there’s an iPhone app that has white noise on it. :D

• 2 weeks later...
We are booked into Cabin 11079, Deck 11 inside on Jade. Right above us is a large empty white space shown on Deck plan, right next to Kid's Cafe and Garden Cafe. Does anyone know what this is; if it's crew space for meal prep? Might it be noise to be underneath it? There's still time for us to move location, so if anyone knows what this is, please let me know. Thanks so much.
good question, we’re in cabin 11072:o

We’re booked Oct 15 on Jade. Mini-suite w/balcony. Can someone please tell me if there is a lighted makeup mirror and a hairdryer in the cabin? I’d really appreciate the info. Thanks

The mini-suite we had on deck 11 was fitted with a light up mirror ; it was to the right of the TV and had table space in front of it. There was also a stand alone magnifying mirror. . . A hairdryer was in the cabin.