We powered through the Baltic Capitals on the Getaway, September 19-28, 2017!

Seminole1975

Last day at sea! We slept in, had breakfast in the Haven, then on to the thermal spa. My party used the thermal spa most everyday and really enjoyed it. For lunch I wanted to try a lobster roll at Ocean Blue that I had heard so much about. The Ocean Blue window is only open for 2 hours on sea days.The lobster roll did not disappoint! Delish!! Service was slow, but we were in no hurry. It was warm enough to eat outside.

After that, we were tired, so went back to the room to relax and begin packing (boo!). We watched a movie. Our new CC friends, Karren and company, invited us to a party that afternoon in their beautiful aft Haven Suite with a large balcony. We had an enjoyable few hours hearing about everyone's adventures and planning our next ones.

The last night we used our third SDP restaurant and ate at Le Bistro. This was by far my fav meal. The escargot were just like I like them. I had read that the mushroom soup was to die for and it too, did not disappoint. Try it!

We walked around and looked in the shops. I had wanted one of the stacking Russian Christmas trees, but they were sold out. If you want a souvenir on the ship, buy it before it the last night.

Disembarkation-breakfast in the Haven and off we went. I must admit I had a moment. It was sad getting off.

We had spent way too much time talking about our options to get to the Clarion hotel at the airport. We were staying the night. I thought there were only options A and B, turns out there was a C.

A. The NCL shuttle to the airport. For $30 US pp, they take your luggage to the airport and leave it there. They take you to the airport separately where you pick up your luggage somewhere. Fine, but we just wanted to go to the hotel with our luggage.

B. A taxi. Both concierges told us that getting a taxi was a long process and might take an hour. We decided to chance it. Boy, they were not kidding-the line looked like one you might see at Disney World while waiting for a popular ride. We reluctantly got in the line. It did not move very fast.

C! While we were in line, a nice bus driver came up and offered to take us to the airport with our luggage for $20 US pp. He assured us that our hotel was a brief walk across the street from the airport. We had seen the hotel coming in. We decided to do this as it would enable us to get out of the taxi line. This turned out to be a good choice and it was just as he said. The Clarion is less than a five minute walk from the airport directly across the street! I do not know if you could arrange the bus in advance, but I suppose you could. Our room was ready, we checked in and dropped off our bags. Finally-our day in Copenhagen.

Edited by Seminole1975

Final post: You really need three days at least to see Copenhagen properly. I did not get to experience several things I wanted to do: Rick Steves walking tour, Paper Island and Rosenberg Castle (think crown jewels).

We rode the train to the Main Station, then realized we did not have time to go on the above walking tour. We walked to Nyhavn instead. We met up with DS and friend and had a nice lunch at one of the restaurants. It was warm enough to eat outside. We said good bye to DS for now (he will be home for Thanksgiving this year).

We went on a canal boat ride with Netto (1/2 price of the other boat company) for 40 K. It was about an hour long. Nice but chilly. The harbor was choppy and a wave came up and over the side of the boat. I got wet. Afterwards we walked around some more. We came across HC Anderson's old home. Below the home is a gift shop. My friend bought some HC Anderson's fairy tale books there for her grandchildren-very sweet.

We then were done & made our way back to the hotel, had a cocktail and a light dinner and called it a trip.

I really loved Scandinavia and would love to go back someday.

Our flights home were smooth, but one last tip. Remember to pack all of your carry on liquids in a plastic bag. Between the two of us, we forgot about eye drops, nose spray, hand sanitizer and liquid foundation makeup. When we connected in London, they found all those things on the security scanner. This resulted in some big sweaty guy taking everything out of our carry on's, going over it with a wand and putting it back thru security again. At least they did not confiscate the items ! When we got to the gate they searched my husband again! This was our mistake and it could have been avoided. I guess, we were not thinking clearly at 4 am when we had to get up to catch our first flight! I appreciate them keeping us safe. London has had a lot of incidents.

Well, It was fun reliving our experiences. It was an awesome trip! I hope this will be helpful to some of ya'll going on this trip this week and next year. Safe Travels everyone and Bon Voyage!!

Cheers!

Diane