Room Account

mayandude

Hi Everybody

I am a new member and this is my first post.

I am going on my first cruise ever on the 28th August on the Sun to Alaska. I like many others am a compulsive planner and have to thank everybody as the forum has proved a goldmine of information and has answered so many of my questions.

I am hoping that someone can answer me one question and clarify another point.

1) I am travelling with a friend. As we are not related or a couple we would like to keep our spending on board separate. Will we be able to have separate accounts on board even though we are in the same cabin.

2) Can somebody clarify the situation regards Tips in the bars. I have read on another thread that a 15% charge is automatically added to each bar bill but the the NCL brochure and other literature received states that a tip is optional but recommended at 15%. I normally tip 15% anyway but do not want to do it twice.

Many Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Mayandude :)

Hi Mayandude,

You're welcome to join us on our roll call for the 8/28 Sun Cruise.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=117431&page=5&pp=25

There are only three of us posting on there (myself, mahreeya and occasionally B.C. Cruiser), but mahreeya and I have been quite busy on there.

This is the first cruise for my wife and I (well, I did cruise with my parents about 33 years ago, but that doesn't count :p ), but I'll try to answer your questions.

1 - I believe that you can arrange separate accounts when you check in

2- It's my understanding that the tip is automatically added to the bar bill when it is charged to your room.

Only a week to go!!!:D

JR

Welcome to the boards mayandude.....

JR is right that you can in fact set up seperate accounts for each room card. My husband and I do this, just because we both have NCL credit cards and race to see who earns the most points.

The bar bills will automatically have a 15% tip added on. There is a line on the slip if you want to add more. Personally I tip extra in cash if I feel it is warranted.

:cool:

You will find a gold mine of information here. To answer your questions:

1) Yes, you can have a separate account from your friend. When you check-in on the ship, each can give a separate credit card and all charges associated with a particular person will be charged to his own credit card.

2) The 15% tip is automatically charged to bar bill. Also, the spa automatically charges 15% as well.

Hope this helps and enjoy your cruise!

No problem to set up seperate accounts. You do it at check in. Each of you will be asked how you plan to settle your accounts :)

Tips - 15% will be added automaticly in the bars. No need to provide any addition tip even though there is a space for it. If someone earns a little extra cash is the best route.

The confussion comes from NCL America the US crewed ships in Hi where I believe the 15% is not added automaticly

Archived