Aft Balcony on Sun- Recommend?

Mekamax

I am looking at and have on hold an aft balcony (BE category - regular size) cabin on the Viking deck. Can anyone tell me about them - the ship itself? HELP! I want to jusify the $500 more it will cost to get a balcony over an outside guarantee cabin. We have always wanted an aft balcony cabin... Are they at all private? How about noise from balconies above? Any draw backs? Thanks, Debbie

I am looking at and have on hold an aft balcony (BE category - regular size) cabin on the Viking deck. Can anyone tell me about them - the ship itself? HELP! I want to jusify the $500 more it will cost to get a balcony over an outside guarantee cabin. We have always wanted an aft balcony cabin... Are they at all private? How about noise from balconies above? Any draw backs? Thanks, Debbie

We had a balcony AFT on Princess last Feb. LOVED IT! It was very private. You only see where you have gone though....which isn't bad. I took a nap a couple of afternoons on the balcony listening to the wake. The VIking deck on the SUN is right below a public deck I believe. I don't think you'd have a problem with noise though.

We did have some motion in the AFT cabin on Princess though.

I think the Viking deck is below other passenger decks but right above the Stardust Lounge. Unless you like to retire very early, that shouldn't be a problem. Lots of people seem to like the aft cabins, and we have one booked for May. There should be little wind (yes) and great views (yes).

Here's a link to a site that recommends the best cabins. Scroll down to the NCL Dawn/Star/Sun area. The recommendation is for the aft mini-suites, but the views from the BE's will be the same (and you'll get a larger balcony, too).

.......it was the best cabin on the ship! This was an AC. The people we met who were in the owner's suite wished their cabin was on the back of the ship! The folks right next door to us in a BE were very pleased with theirs, too.

We love an aft facing balcony of any kind. We have one booked on the new Jewel on it's first run out of Miami. In my opinion, the BE aft facing balconies on the Sun are the best bargain on the ship. Now if you really want to get crazy, go for that AC. IT WAS FANTASTIC!

The only problem we had with having an Aft on the Sun was after we returned home I had to purchase a sound machine. I couldn't fall asleep without the sound of the wake! Make sure you sleep with the sliding doors open at night and enjoy the sound! Aft is definitely the way to go!

• 1 month later...

I'm begining to think the aft balconies are over rated here.

You haven't been to sea until you have had the wind blow through your hair.

Maybe I'm an old salt, but these aft balconies are more like hotel rooms than ocean going cabins.......:rolleyes:

Archived