Walk up snuba or swim with dolphins at chankanaab park

Luv2cruz1000

Anyone tried to walk up that day and swim with dolphins or snuba. We will go on our own to the park. Mostly would like to see the weather before committing to a day at Chankanaab.

Would love to see what people say. We were thinking of doing the same.

• 1 month later...

The Dolphin Discovery folks have booths on the dock and you can also buy the various encounters inside their building in Chankanaab Park. Downside of latter is that you have already paid $21 to get in and not sure they discount prices by that much. Snuba, diving and snorkeling can definitely be purchased at the booths in the park. Note that they only take pesos or credit cards right now (large fee for them to exchange US to Mex, so they are not doing it). Dolphin Discovery is also doing a 25% off online deal right now (but cancel will cost you 10%, even if the ship doesn't make it in).

We bought everything once we arrived. My youngest son (7) swam with the dolphins, was pulled along & thrown into the air. He enjoyed petting the sea cow too. My oldest son (10) & I did the sea trek. We walked around underwater with the air helmet on. We both enjoyed it too. We did snuba diving in St Thomas, but prefer the sea trek.

Happy to see this thread. We are planning to visit Chankanaab in late June. I have not been able to find detailed information either. So if we arrive at the gate and pay the $21. , how much will dolphin discovery cost once we are inside? Same question for the zipline or kayaking. It's easy to find packages to purchase ahead of time. Wondering what all the separate vendors charge once inside the park.