Characters on the Liberty of the Seas & Cupcake Decorating Class

We were on Liberty in June 2017 so this information may not be current. We saw Shrek and (I think) some from Madagascar. I don't have little kids so we weren't participating but we were sitting at Sorrento's having pizza when folks started lining up and a few minutes later, here came Shrek.

We saw one of the cupcake decorating classes. It looked like the kids were sitting at the table but the adults were standing back watching. (and taking pictures!) The kids looked like they were having fun.

We were on the April 8 sailing of Liberty. The characters we saw were Shrek, Alex the Lion, King Julian, Po (Kung Fu Panda), and Puss in Boots.

I don’t know about the cupcake class.

Hope that helps!

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, the kids can decorate the cupcakes and you can just stand back and take pics if you want to. I did the class a few years ago with my daughter while we were on NOS. I'm a professional decorator, but wanted to do it anyway for a fun mother/daughter memory. We had a good time, but I didn't think the frosting tasted very good at all. I'm kind of biased to my own icing. Lol! It was $25 per person then, but I do believe that it's gone up to $30 per person now.

• 1 month later...

My 2 DD's (3.5 and 5.5 yo at the time) took the cupcake class on Liberty. They were the youngest kids in the class and still had tons of fun. The class was the last sea day and there were less people enrolled than other classes during the cruise. This allowed me to sit next to my 3.5 yo and help her when she needed it. Each person decorated 3 cupcakes and got to take them at the end of class. The only downside we found was it was impossible for the girls to eat all the cupcakes before we got off the ship the next day (girls would not share with us and we ended up tossing them).

IMG_9209.jpg