Carnival Fantasy CD

My BF and I are sailing the Fantasy in October and was just wondering if some one coulod tell me who the Cruise Director is.

If it is the same lady we had she is dull and boaring and never out and about........ Now the Assitant CD Squishy he is awsome..He should be the CD

My BF and I are sailing the Fantasy in October and was just wondering if some one coulod tell me who the Cruise Director is.

Risa is a wonderful lady! One of my favorites with Carnival (she is in the picture with me).You may also have the privilege of meeting Dessi, whom as far as I know, is the only female maitre 'd in the fleet. She is from Bulgaria and just a remarkably kind woman.

Enjoy your cruise on the Fantasy!

We have cruise Fantasy X3 had Risa twice and Sexy Craig once. Both were fabulous!!!!! As for not seeing Risa, she was always where she was supposed to be, doing what she was supposed to be doing. She never came and hung out with me or anything...but then again, that's not what she is supposed to be doing - Guess she was busy doing her job;)

No worries, Risa is awesome!!! She also happens to run an amazing cruise for all her guests who care to participate:D

You're spot on, Floatie... Risa has been with Carnival for ages and is one amazing organizer!! There's ALWAYS something to do on her ship.

IMG_0973.jpg

:)

Risa is a wonderful lady! One of my favorites with Carnival (she is in the picture with me).You may also have the privilege of meeting Dessi, whom as far as I know, is the only female maitre 'd in the fleet. She is from Bulgaria and just a remarkably kind woman.

Enjoy your cruise on the Fantasy!

Dessi is no onger on Fantasy she has moved to the Destiny.

If it is the same lady we had she is dull and boaring and never out and about........ Now the Assitant CD Squishy he is awsome..He should be the CD

She was the CD on the Fantasy when we sailed a few years ago.

Definitely not the best CD..IMO, but much better than Steve Kneisly, (sp?)

who was the CD on the Elation this past cruise. It was his

last before his vacation.

Ben Stein + Quaaludes= Risa Barnes. She is easily the most boring and never seen except when she has to be, CD out there. Absolutely hate sailing with her. DH and I cruise for RnR so I could care less if there are activities 24/7. What makes or breaks a CD for me is their personality. If they are out and about, visiting and socializing with passengers, if they have a good sense of humor that makes me actually listen to the announcements instead of dread them, and seem to really enjoy what they do, THAT for me defines a good CD.

We sailed twice with Risa in 2009 and on both cruises she was NEVER seen by us. When she was seen, she seemed to be hurrying to the next "gig" (usually some show somewhere) and didn't have time to stop and talk to passengers. And her announcements made we want to rip my hair out, they were so dry and monotone (again, think Ben Stein).

To each his own, but I think Risa is absolutely awful. That was the only good thing about the Fantasy leaving Mobile, they took Risa with them :cool:

Archived