Accessible White Pass train in Skagway and Yukon by bus?

TwinMamainMN

Does such a thing exist? We are sailing in August in RCCL Radiance of the Seas. The only accessible option they have is the round trip White Pass train ride. Are there any private companies that do the train and coach bus/van that can accommodate wheelchair? Our daughter can transfer but we need the WC to accompany her. If they exist, please share the info! My internet searching is driving me batty.:rolleyes:

Does such a thing exist? We are sailing in August in RCCL Radiance of the Seas. The only accessible option they have is the round trip White Pass train ride. Are there any private companies that do the train and coach bus/van that can accommodate wheelchair? Our daughter can transfer but we need the WC to accompany her. If they exist, please share the info! My internet searching is driving me batty.:rolleyes:

The trip I took this summer was organized by the cruise line and I was on it this past summer. They offered one, one way by train and one way by coach. Depending on the trip you take you will either take the train first then the coach or the coach first and return by train. If the wheelchair passenger can manage the steps onto a coach, a folding wheelchair can be stored under the coach (which is where they stored my folding electric scooter). I don’t think the literature is terribly clear on the actual details of the trip but they do look after disabled passengers very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The trip I took this summer was organized by the cruise line and I was on it this past summer. They offered one, one way by train and one way by coach. Depending on the trip you take you will either take the train first then the coach or the coach first and return by train. If the wheelchair passenger can manage the steps onto a coach, a folding wheelchair can be stored under the coach (which is where they stored my folding electric scooter). I don’t think the literature is terribly clear on the actual details of the trip but they do look after disabled passengers very well.

The RCCL listings for excursions ONLY list the ROUD TRIP train option as accessible. I wonder if I call RCCL if I can get more info on the one way train/one way bus option. I guess it can't hurt to try.

What I forget to mention is the train does have a lift to “lift” passengers in wheelchairs onto the train. I managed the stairs so I never tried it.

I think your best bet is to take the round trip train excursion. The train comes right up onto the pier, has a lift and a wheelchair accessible bathroom in one car, and the person can ride either in the seat provided or in their own wheelchair.

In addition, several of the pier-to-town shuttle trams are also wheelchair accessible via ramp. You may have to wait a while to get one though.

I think your best bet is to take the round trip train excursion. The train comes right up onto the pier, has a lift and a wheelchair accessible bathroom in one car, and the person can ride either in the seat provided or in their own wheelchair.

In addition, several of the pier-to-town shuttle trams are also wheelchair accessible via ramp. You may have to wait a while to get one though.

Thank you Splinter! This is exactly the kind of info we need. I appreciate your response.