Shopping Mall Close to Hampton Inn on Stirling Rd

D&N LUV 2 TRAVEL

DW would like to buy some clothes prior to our cruise and I was wondering what the closest shopping mall for womens clothes would be. We do not have a car. Is there public transportation or best to take a cab if not within walking distance ?

Does the hotel offer a shuttle service at a cost ?

The hotel is adjacent to a large shopping plaza named Oakwood. KMart and Ross Dress For Less, and I think Old Navy are in here, as well as I'm sure some smaller clothing retailers. Other larger malls like Galleria, Sawgrass and Aventura are an expensive cab ride (or significant amounts of time by public transit) away.

Marshalls is there too, near Home Depot which is across the street from Kmart. I would purchase my clothes before the trip and not depend on finding something you like or fit or in your price range a day or two before the cruise in one of these stores. Too much of a gamble. Then you might be stressed to buy something just because you need it for the cruise.

Marshalls is there too, near Home Depot which is across the street from Kmart. I would purchase my clothes before the trip and not depend on finding something you like or fit or in your price range a day or two before the cruise in one of these stores. Too much of a gamble. Then you might be stressed to buy something just because you need it for the cruise.

Not to mention why would you want to spend good vacation time clothes shopping in Ft Lauderdale, Florida instead of going to the beach or cruising the Water Taxi? I understand light, recreational shopping on vacation, but women shopping for clothes is serious business.

DW would like to buy some clothes prior to our cruise and I was wondering what the closest shopping mall for womens clothes would be. We do not have a car. Is there public transportation or best to take a cab if not within walking distance ?

Does the hotel offer a shuttle service at a cost ?

Y'all might want to look this map over (especially the satelite view) of Oakwood Plaza Mall and the Hampton Inn. If the link doesn't work below simply Google...

oakwood plaza mall hollywood florida google map

http://maps.google.com/maps?rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7TSHB&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=oakwood+plaza+mall+hollywood,+FL+google+map&fb=1&gl=us&hq=oakwood+plaza+mall&hnear=Hollywood,+FL&cid=0,0,13998336166349470749&ei=XDlkTZGjNsqEtge9ruHeCw&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CB8QnwIwAA

Moonlite Diner. It is past BJ, past Kmart. From Comfort Inn, took us about 15 mins to walk and that was with our 5YO and 6YO.

Easy breezy. They had really good pot roast in December 2010. Milk shakes are YUM. Across the street is the Home Depot and Marshalls. We went into BJ with a day pass (free) to buy wine to bring aboard HAL. Then I went back the next morning, Sunday @ 9am to buy a pack of soda for our trip. Took me less than 30 mins, power walking to/from and back to hotel room (w/o kids).

Menu:

http://southflorida.menupages.com/restaurants/moonlite-diner/menu

Google oakwood mall and you can get a listing of the stores.

http://fort.lauderdale.retailguide.com/data/m101620.htm

Moonlite Diner. It is past BJ, past Kmart. From Comfort Inn, took us about 15 mins to walk and that was with our 5YO and 6YO.

Easy breezy. They had really good pot roast in December 2010. Milk shakes are YUM. Across the street is the Home Depot and Marshalls. We went into BJ with a day pass (free) to buy wine to bring aboard HAL. Then I went back the next morning, Sunday @ 9am to buy a pack of soda for our trip. Took me less than 30 mins, power walking to/from and back to hotel room (w/o kids).

Menu:

http://southflorida.menupages.com/restaurants/moonlite-diner/menu

Google oakwood mall and you can get a listing of the stores.

http://fort.lauderdale.retailguide.com/data/m101620.htm

Any suggestions on how to get a day pass for BJ's?

Thanks.

Karen

Go to customer service, tell them you are only there for one day and they issue you out a pass. FREE. All we bought was 3 bottles of wine but I couldn't think of anywhere else to buy wine except maybe Kmart and that isn't the nicest Kmart. Ok, I haven't actually been to a Kmart but it wasn't very nice inside. I prefer Target. I got my soda, some baby lotion and left.

Archived