cannes hotel - grampylo

porcia

Hi Grampylo....

Found out that the Cannes Hotel is the Novotel Montfleury. Cost includes breakfast and transfer to ship. You must also get the Nice to Cannes transfer with this at an additional cost, however, then you are not required to pay a deviation fee for changing your flight to a different day than the departure day. The Montfleury is about a 15 minute walk to beach (3/4 of a mile) or 150 yards from the nearest bus stop. Out of main stream hustle and bustle.

Other person on line, looking at old threads, was a Royal Clipper passenger.

Re deGaulle -- just get in the nothing to declare line and pass on thru. Still not sure what terminal we are landing at, but doesn't appear to be a major hassle.

Hi Porcia

Thanks for the hotel info. Our travel agent has made reservations for a couple of nights at a different hotel without going through Star Clippers. Tommorrow I will show her your information, as well as some info about the Montfleury which I got on the internet, and find out whether that's a better way to go rather than what is now set up. I like the idea of SC helping with transfers etc and the idea of no deviation fees as you described. For us a non-smoking room is very important because of my wife's allergy to tobacco smoke. This can be an issue in Europe. Our current reservations are confirmed as non-smoking.

I expect that SC will provide us with info on getting through deDaulle and if not, in our case, we have about 2 hours layover in the airport which ought to be enoough to find our way.

Hi Grampylo...

Guess we can compare notes when we get on board about which way to go - SC or different agent....for the "next" time.

It "appears", not yet confirmed, that you present yourself at the SC tent on Quay LeBeauf Pier and you will tender to the boat. Assume that luggage will travel via another boat if lots of passengers.

We get to St Maarten on Sunday. All shops are closed. We don't leave till late afternoon, so am not sure what they offer to do all day - another adventure. If we remember correctly, we arrive the Dutch side and fly out of the French side. Its been a long time since we were in StMart.

Archived