Passport check in St Thomas after Columbia...what time can we disembark?

vjl67

Hello!

This is for anyone who has cruised the Sun this year on the route that stops in Cartegena. Just heard there's a mandatory passport check.

What time can we get off of the ship in St. Thomas? Booked a dive and they pick us up NLT 845 and I'm wondering if I should cancel.

Many thanks,

Van

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the info. I will stop worrying now ! I was worried it we could get stuck onboard waiting for everyone to be cleared.

Van

I was on the Sun Oct 30th. They called those who had booked NCL excursions first. Then by Cabin decks starting with deck 11.

[ATTACH]293387[/ATTACH]

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I realized after posting that the picture is so small it is not very helpful! Hopefully this will be better!!

image.jpg

Wow thanks!

Did they let people disembark as soon as they cleared, or did they hold the ship until everyone cleared?

Van

You could leave the ship as soon as you were cleared!

Not to worry. The companies deal with this every week. They know when to meet you. Also, the check in took about five minutes and it was in the theater.

I would not expect to be off the ship by 8:45am with with first non NCL tour passenger inspections STARTING at 8:30am.

You do not clear customs in St Thomas. They just have to see your passport, and one person from a cabin can do that for everyone. It was a very quick process. Our non ncl tour left at 8:45. We got off the ship by a little before 9, and they were there to meet us. We waited a short bit for others too.

I went to the Reception desk and told them we had a private tour booked at 8:30 am, and was told to go at 8 am. The process was very quick and they put a dot on our Sea Pass so that the people checking us off the ship would know that we had gone through the inspection. No problem at all.

I didn't think having a passport was required for closed circuit cruises. Will we be able to provide picture id and BC and still get off?

The cruise makes a call in Colombia, which isn't part of the 'we'll let you go on a cruise without a passport' area. So for this cruise, everyone needs a passport.

The cruise makes a call in Colombia, which isn't part of the 'we'll let you go on a cruise without a passport' area. So for this cruise, everyone needs a passport.

It is closed loop so passport not required. Check out the notice posted above it even states passport or BC and government ID.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim