Turnaround day in Miami on a back-to-back cruise — what should we do?

dcipjr

Hey all,

I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on stuff to do and see in Miami during a turnaround day on a back-to-back cruise. We're on a 14-day cruise on the Norwegian Escape (a 8-day cruise followed by a 6-day cruise).

We'll be in Miami on Sunday, August 14th, from 8:00 AM (possibly earlier, whenever the ship gets cleared) until some time before 4 PM, when we set sail. Not a ton of time, but if we get off the boat at 7:30 AM and are back on by 2:30 PM, that's still a good 7 hours.

It will be my wife and me. We're not particularly looking for a beach day, because the cruise itinerary is pretty beach-heavy already. We'd rather get some cultural stuff in. Both of us speak Spanish (she's from Mexico, so she's a native speaker), and would be eager to sample a bit of the local Cuban flavor. We definitely want to get some Cuban food—any recommendations on a place to go?

We also have a night before the cruise; we get into Miami at 7 PM. I have a hotel in Brickell booked (the Aloft, had decent reviews and a good price). So if anyone has any suggestions on what to go and see for then too, that would be awesome.

Thanks, everyone!

Hey all,

I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on stuff to do and see in Miami during a turnaround day on a back-to-back cruise. We're on a 14-day cruise on the Norwegian Escape (a 8-day cruise followed by a 6-day cruise).

We'll be in Miami on Sunday, August 14th, from 8:00 AM (possibly earlier, whenever the ship gets cleared) until some time before 4 PM, when we set sail. Not a ton of time, but if we get off the boat at 7:30 AM and are back on by 2:30 PM, that's still a good 7 hours.

It will be my wife and me. We're not particularly looking for a beach day, because the cruise itinerary is pretty beach-heavy already. We'd rather get some cultural stuff in. Both of us speak Spanish (she's from Mexico, so she's a native speaker), and would be eager to sample a bit of the local Cuban flavor. We definitely want to get some Cuban food—any recommendations on a place to go?

We also have a night before the cruise; we get into Miami at 7 PM. I have a hotel in Brickell booked (the Aloft, had decent reviews and a good price). So if anyone has any suggestions on what to go and see for then too, that would be awesome.

Thanks, everyone!

I would go check out Vizcaya (they open at 9:30) then head over to Calle Ocho in Little Havana for lunch.

http://www.timeout.com/miami/little-havana

http://www.Vizcaya.org