Production numbers on Reflection

CQG67

just curious as to what shows are being performed on this ship. Was on the Silhouette a year ago and the production numbers were lousy. Hoping they have something different going on this ship. Was on Princess a month ago and the shows were fabulous. Also what kind of movies are they showing in your cabin? Princess shows very current and newly released movies as I didn't find Celebrity's to be that current. Will be on the Reflection for three cruises and hope things have improved. Other than that - love the ship, the cabins and the food!

We just sailed on Reflection's 10-night Mardi Gras cruise. One production show was "Broken Strings" which we enjoyed a lot. It is more light- hearted and energetic than most current Celebrity production shows. It takes place in a rustic barn-like setting with casual, country costumes. Guys play acoustic guitars and violins. My favorite song in the show is the one which has a definite Irish vibe in which the male singer tells a funny and slightly naughty tale.

There was a matinee production show called "MAXX", I believe. This was based on a video game. We enjoyed it, but I think it would appeal most to those who are familiar with and like video games. The singers and dancers are drawn into the video game and try to escape but are held captive.

There was a "Broadway and West End" show. The singers and song selection are very good. I don't recall that dancers participate in this one.

"Elysium" also runs on Equinox. We have seen it several times before and didn't go again. This is just my own opinion and may not be yours, but I am quite tired of Cirque d' Soleil-style acts. As I recall this show does have a very powerful rendition of Beyonce's "Halo" and of the song "Elysium." The costumes are beautiful.

The shows other than production shows were the usual mix of comedians, magicians and jugglers. Three men did a most entertaining show of Mo-Town and rhythm and blues songs. They ended with Bruno Mars's "Uptown Funk" that was amazing. I would love to see these guys again.

A Beatles tribute band did a show. They even did a forty minute set the next night in the atrium. Here again, I wish there were a greater variety of tribute bands, such as Blues Brothers, Bon Jovi, Beach Boys, Jimmy Buffet, Eagles--- you name them or some other British bands. There are so many cool bands, yet time and again the cruise lines roll out Beatles' tributes.

I know all this is a matter of taste and what I like may not be what others like. I do wish Celebrity would improve most of their production shows. We sailed on Harmony of the Seas in December and I was blown away by their entertainment.

Thanks for the info. The shows we saw on the Silhouette made obsolutely no sense, had music I've never heard of and in general were terrible. They tried to be really more "modern" and most of the passengers weren't of the modern age but more oldies. The individual acts were great.

Thanks for the info. The shows we saw on the Silhouette made obsolutely no sense, had music I've never heard of and in general were terrible. They tried to be really more "modern" and most of the passengers weren't of the modern age but more oldies. The individual acts were great.

I tend to agree with much of what you said. On our Mardi Gras cruise, I think the average age group was over 65; many were much older than 65. One couple just had to be pushing one hundred, but they were doing their best and I plan to be like that at their age too. We are both 74.

Anyway, with such an age group one has to wonder how much of the music played by one of the house bands and music played in the shows was familiar. I do enjoy a lot of the current most popular music

so the songs were familiar.

That said, it must be very hard for Celebrity to juggle music styles and years of music to satisfy a broad range of tastes, not to mention preferences of passengers from different countries. I don't think Celebrity does it quite as well as Royal Caribbean, but Celebrity's passengers do seem to represent an older demographic.