pictures of beach between the Pitons??

bulldogmom

My husband and I will be taking a tour with Herod next Febraury and will be stopping for snorkeling at the beach between the Pitons, does anyone have pictures of this beach?? I can't seem to find any. It seems like it would be a neat place to snorkel.

• 2 weeks later...

I have some pics of the beach, we were just with Herod this last week and he is an awesome guy you will love his tour! The resort that you stop at is very nice, they have showers, changing rooms, restrooms and you can rent snorkeling equipment for $11. You can eat at the resort as well, we didn't but the smell of their bbq was very tempting!

The snorkeling was awesome! Lots of fish and very clear water and your right at the base of one of the Pitons. I don't have a website to post pics but if you give me your email I can send you a few pics.

• 4 weeks later...
I have some pics of the beach, we were just with Herod this last week and he is an awesome guy you will love his tour! The resort that you stop at is very nice, they have showers, changing rooms, restrooms and you can rent snorkeling equipment for $11. You can eat at the resort as well, we didn't but the smell of their bbq was very tempting!

The snorkeling was awesome! Lots of fish and very clear water and your right at the base of one of the Pitons. I don't have a website to post pics but if you give me your email I can send you a few pics.

I will be there in Oct. and am considering Herod for the tour. Can you send me the pics that you have? Thanks. emily_hoang@yahoo.com

We did not go to that beach, because we went on Cosol's tour. I do have pictures of the area in questioin from balcony of the Serenade, as we passed by the Pitons. They are in the St. Lucia folder toward the end of the pictures.

Here is our website for the cruise. www.jlfcruise06.dell.shutterfly.com

The beach sounds great though. Maybe next time!;)

Oh, good grief I can't get it resized to upload it. :mad: But it is a resort with beach and shade huts, chairs etc. It looks pretty nice. Just go to my pictures on our website, and you will see it. It is picture 51 in the St. Lucia holder, and the shot is a full on photo of the beach and yellow colored resort.

http://www.jlfcruise06.dell.shutterfly.com/action/slideshow?a=67b0de21b33503b0458a&auto=0&idx=50&m=1&d=1146429653360

maybe this link to the picture will work. Otherwise you will have to go to the website.

Judi, I hope this works! It is your picture. (I right clicked on your picture, then to properties, then copied and pasted it into the "insert image" icon at the top of the post.) (Good picture, by the way!)

47b6dd02b3127cce98548163d53100000027108AYuWrdm1atO

Bulldogmom,

If you like to snorkle you will love this beach. Herod is the only tour guide that goes to this beach. While all beaches on St. Lucia are public this one is part of a resort that Herod has access to (I beleive he said he works or used to work there). The beach was uncrowded as I counted less than 20 people on it when we were there on thursday 4/27/06.

The snorkling was the best we had done last week (just off from AOS). the area is ropes off with bouys to keep boats out. The water is calm and very clear. The numbers of fish and squid and eels were amazing. Unfortunatly, I left my underwater camera on the ship. As soon as I sift thru about 400 photos I will try to figure out how to post a picture of this beach.

Greg icon10.gif

• 3 weeks later...

The resort in question is the Jalousie Plantation. It sits between the Pitons and has a beach along with villas on the hilside.

Ms Spontaneous and I (after many changes and disappointments) are planning to get married there on 2 May 2007. We will gladly post pictures of the beach and Pitons when we get back.:)

The resort in question is the Jalousie Plantation. It sits between the Pitons and has a beach along with villas on the hilside.

Ms Spontaneous and I (after many changes and disappointments) are planning to get married there on 2 May 2007. We will gladly post pictures of the beach and Pitons when we get back.:)

What a beautiful venue for a wedding! Have a wonderful life together!

• 4 weeks later...

The beach at the old Hilton Jalousie is GREAT. DH & I spent part of our 2002 honeymoon at Ladera... the resort above the Jalousie, and spent every day at the Jalousie, since LAdera doesn't have a beach. The snorkeling is great. There is a marine preserve roped off at the base of the piton, and DH spent most of his time there.

Mr. Planner...if you get a chance go to Ladera for lunch or dinner, the sunset views are MAGNIFICENT!

Archived