Indoor cycling questions

HappyTvlr

Hello,

Does anyone have a schedule for the cycling classes? I'll be on the Century, but the schedules may be similar so any info will be appreciated. Also, are the bikes set up for clips or do they just have cages? And finally, has anyone been able to use the bikes outside of class times? I'm an instructor and would love to be able to use the bikes whenever I want, and I am willing to pay a fee. A lot of places won't allow the bikes to be used except during classes. I'll never understand this because the bikes are no more delicate than other equipment. Thanks!

Hello,

Does anyone have a schedule for the cycling classes? I'll be on the Century, but the schedules may be similar so any info will be appreciated. Also, are the bikes set up for clips or do they just have cages? And finally, has anyone been able to use the bikes outside of class times? I'm an instructor and would love to be able to use the bikes whenever I want, and I am willing to pay a fee. A lot of places won't allow the bikes to be used except during classes. I'll never understand this because the bikes are no more delicate than other equipment. Thanks!

On Infinity and Constellation we used the fitness center and the stationary bikes.

I didn't take any spin classes, but saw them in action. I don't remember if they had clips, but doubt it. The bikes used for the spin class are not the same stationary bikes that allow you to program your workout, they are lighter weight bikes.

I've never done the spin classes but on a couple of cruises I noticed a poster in the fitness area listing all the "fee" classes. I seem to recall that they rotated the times of these between the different time slots daily. If this is always the practice you won't know the times of the spin class for a given day until you board the ship.

There were five spin classes on my weeklong Infinity cruise. I did three. They were scheduled on the two sea days and either before arrival or late in the afternoon on port days. The cost was $12.00 USD plus 15% gratuity so $13.80. They lasted around 45 minutes each and probably to appeal to a larger group, weren't nearly as intense as the classes I do at home where I am ready to die. As you are an instructor, these might seem too easy for you.

The bikes were locked up until just prior to the classes. I did read on these boards that someone training for a triathlon negotiated use with the gym for use outside of the class time for a fee. I don't remember what ship that was on unfortunately.

Archived