Freeport looking for suggestions

scaper

Capt Tony with Sand dollar Cruise is one of the best. For 45 bucks/person he or his crew will take you out on a power/sail cat. boat,,,you can snorkel,then go get some sand dollars,,go up and down the beach and you might see and swim with some air breathing "fish" for a few extra bucks. They provide great rum punch and music. He does an early cruise and a noon one. You will be back in time for your ship.

We are booked on one of Capt Tony's morning excursions. I think we get back at noon. Any suggestions for what to do after that? Is there a nearby beach with facilities (restaurant/bar/restrooms/etc)? A restaurant on the beach would be ideal. I don't think we're interested in walking through the marketplace.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Walk right across the street and down the big wide and clean walk way right to the end and enjoy the beach,,its free. When done walk back and take a cab to the ship,,think it was 3-4 bucks each person. You cannot miss the beach area,,everyone is going to it.Oh yea,,in the little port/marina area get the conch salad from the hut in front of the boats,,IT was GREAT,,we took it to a restaurant and ate it and ordered drinks and fritters too. Bathroom was clean.

Walk right across the street and down the big wide and clean walk way right to the end and enjoy the beach,,its free. When done walk back and take a cab to the ship,,think it was 3-4 bucks each person. You cannot miss the beach area,,everyone is going to it.Oh yea,,in the little port/marina area get the conch salad from the hut in front of the boats,,IT was GREAT,,we took it to a restaurant and ate it and ordered drinks and fritters too. Bathroom was clean.

Thanks for the info! We're looking to do something cheap, especially since we've got to be back on the boat at 12:30. How far is the walk down to that beach? I'm going to have 6 energetic kids with me. Really, I guess I'm more worried about ME than them.

Thanks again!

Thanks for the info! We're looking to do something cheap, especially since we've got to be back on the boat at 12:30. How far is the walk down to that beach? I'm going to have 6 energetic kids with me. Really, I guess I'm more worried about ME than them.

Thanks again!

Hey - I think ThompsonGunner was answering my question about a beach near the marina where Capt Tony's boat is kept. It is not within walking distance to the ship. I know we will have to take a cab to Port Lucaya. I've never been to Freeport, but from what I can tell, there are no free beaches within walking distance to the ship.

Good luck with those kids!

Hey - I think ThompsonGunner was answering my question about a beach near the marina where Capt Tony's boat is kept. It is not within walking distance to the ship. I know we will have to take a cab to Port Lucaya. I've never been to Freeport, but from what I can tell, there are no free beaches within walking distance to the ship.

Good luck with those kids!

from what i've read, everyone has to take a shuttle or cab into town as the ship docks in an industrial area.

You said 8am-4pm,,,,You can do the early sand dollar cruise,,get back to the marina at noon,,,walk(2-3 mins at most)do some beach time,,walk back across street,,get a van and take the 5-10 min ride back to the ship at 2:30/3 pm and be back on the ship by 3/3:30. As long as you are in line the ship will not leave you.

Archived