HAL transfer from Montreal airport to Quebec City center?

DaveOKC

Has anyone taken the HAL transfer from the Montreal airport to a Quebec City (center area) hotel the day before a cruise? If so, how does it work and what did you think of the experience? Cost?

I asked this question on the Canada/New England board, but the responses were limited, so I thought I should try here due to being specific to HAL.

Hello Dave, no, I have not taken the transfer. Yet as an ex-Montrealer, perhaps I can help. Montreal and Quebec city are two cities, rather far apart (about a 3-4 hour drive, depending on traffic, if my memory is correct. Any Quebecers on-line please correct me if necessary!).

If you are trying to go back and forth between the cities on the day prior to your cruise, and you likely fly into Montreal, I would that one prior day head to or stay in (as the case may be) the embarkation port city. If you can manage an extra day or two, then by all means, travel between the two cities--there is also excellent train service from Via Rail, Canada's national rail service (think Amtrack yet better, with a very nice "biz class" train service for not too much more $).

Hope this is not too far off the mark for what you seek.

Hello Dave, no, I have not taken the transfer. Yet as an ex-Montrealer, perhaps I can help. Montreal and Quebec city are two cities, rather far apart (about a 3-4 hour drive, depending on traffic, if my memory is correct. Any Quebecers on-line please correct me if necessary!).

If you are trying to go back and forth between the cities on the day prior to your cruise, and you likely fly into Montreal, I would that one prior day head to or stay in (as the case may be) the embarkation port city. If you can manage an extra day or two, then by all means, travel between the two cities--there is also excellent train service from Via Rail, Canada's national rail service (think Amtrack yet better, with a very nice "biz class" train service for not too much more $).

Hope this is not too far off the mark for what you seek.

It helps thank you, but I really want to know about HAL's transfer service. I have been to both cities before and really just want the easiest way to get to the ship (air service to Quebec from OKC is not very good).