QM2 Atrium cabins v Outside

Mrsblue15

Taking figures from several web sites that discuss cabin sizes, the "Atrium View Inside" cabins on QM2 are about 160 square feet in size. The outside "Oceanview" cabins (no balcony) vary in size from about 180 to 200 square feet. The Oceanview cabins further forward tend to be smaller than those not as far forward.

For the purposes of the determining the price difference, lets look at a typical seven day crossing on QM2. I've taken a look at the fares for several crossings during the spring, summer, and autumn of 2019 on Cunard's US web site. For US fares, I'm seeing price differences between $260 and $400 per person for seven day crossings next year when comparing category HB (Atrium View Inside) to category EF (Oceanview). That works out to a price difference of about $37 to $57 per person per day.

One consideration for you may be the window. The atrium windows not only look into the atrium, but more directly look onto the wall and windows across from you. So with the drapes open, there is no privacy from the cabins across from it; quite different from the situation overlooking Central Park on the RCI Oasis ships. The result is that it's just an inside cabin with a useless window - not worth paying over a standard inside, with a window that doesn't compare to an outside, in my opinion.