Aukland and Sydney B&Bs

PTravel

PT,

Sorry but I don't know either of these places. But I can tell you that the B&B in Sydney is in a wonderful location.

In Auckland, we stayed in a B&B called the Chalet Chevron. If you ever come across it as a possibility....DON'T. It was not a nice one at all. Pass on it!

Jane

But I can tell you that the B&B in Sydney is in a wonderful location.
Agreed. I know exactly where this is and the location really cannot be beaten. The views from the property itself may not amount to that much, but you're really close to places where you can get the views and to lots of tourist attractions. You could even walk to the International Passenger Terminal to board your ship, if you could manage your own luggage! :D However, like Jane I can't speak about the quality of the place itself.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

DH and I can recommend the Redwood Vista Bed and Breakfast in Auckland. We did a web search for B&Bs in Auckland and emailed a number of them for more information. We were impressed with the response we got from the owner of the Redwood Vista B&B, Dawn Feickert: it was prompt, friendly and offered reasonably priced accommodation right in the heart of Auckland itself at the corner of Wellesley and Hobson streets. It is very safe for walking around the area; the B&B is 5 minutes or less from the Skytower and it's about 15 minutes downhill to the harbour front - you can check out the Cruise Terminal at the foot of Hobson Street or from there walk along Queen Street to check out the Ferry Building if you want to take the ferry over to Devonport.

The B&B is actually Dawn’s large condo on the fourth floor of a condo building. As you walk in, you’ll see a very large living/dining/kitchen area. Guests are welcome to relax in this area to watch television or to go out on the balcony to gaze out over the city. Dawn can offer you one of two rooms: a queen room with ensuite or a double with shared facilities. We stayed in the queen room and enjoyed it. It was roomy, clean, nicely furnished and had its own doors on to the balcony.

We paid $NZ165.00 per night in March 2005. This price included all taxes and a delicious breakfast. Typically, Dawn prepared a fresh fruit salad and offered us the choice of cereals. Plus we could help ourselves to yogurt, bread or toast with honey, jam or marmalade. Dawn also offered to cook hot dishes like omelets, bacon and eggs, etc.

Dawn herself is very personable and easy-going. She will do whatever she can to make your stay enjoyable. Once you’ve booked with her, she’ll send you a copy of "What’s on in Auckland", a monthly booklet of activities, sightseeing possibilities, and maps. While you’re there, she’ll be happy to answer any questions she can about buses, where to find things, etc. We stayed with Dawn four days before leaving on a cruise – when we returned she allowed us to bring our luggage to the B&B and leave it for the day – at no charge – so we could tour around until our flight left that evening. We appreciated this immensely.

I’d be happy to answer any questions or you can check out the B&B at http://www.redwood-bed-breakfast.ws and contact Dawn Feickert kotuku@wave.co.nz

Bev

Archived