Great Stirrup Cay

czexrus

I have never been to Great STirrup cay; been to coco kay but not sure if similar. We will be going in mid january with the norweigen sky and wondering what the best thing to do there. Im wondering if its like coco cay where you can get chairs and also rent the floating thin rafts? how is the snorkeling there? Any opinions would be appreciated.

Since GSC is NCL's private island, I suggest you also ask your questions over on the NCL board.

We have been to GSC once; we were traveling with family and rented a small cabana, which we enjoyed. It was on a quieter part of the island (though this was before the recent renovations, so I can't speak to that now). There is snorkeling at GSC, but we were not on the best part of the beach for that.

Again, if you ask over on the NCL board, I suspect you'll get many replies, very quickly.

Enjoy your cruise!

PS: Ironically, we will be visiting Coco Cay for the first time, this February (assuming Anthem can tender that day)

We were at GSC last week, it was beautiful! So glad that we got to stop there. I had done this itinerary before with NCL and we skipped that port so I wasnt counting on it. I didnt pre-book anything. And I didnt pack our snorkels and masks since I was tight on space with my luggage. As soon as we got to the island I was regretting it because the water was crystal clear. We ended up renting the snorkel gear there, $30 per person! If you go to the area that they call the "underwater sculpture garden" there are tons of beautiful, colorful fish. They give you a map of the island in the dailies, I brought that with me. They do also have the mats for rent, our friends got them but I dont remember how much per day, it seemed like a lot of $$.