Celebrity Summit for Family Cruise?

sailawaybellaluna

My family was on Summit for Spring Break this year. My kids are 11 and 14 and this was their fourth time on Summit. The other three were Bermuda trips in 2011, 2013 and 2014. My son has never had any interest in the kids clubs on any line, preferring to just hang out with us. My daughter went some when she was little, but hasn't had any interest since graduating to the teen clubs.

They both adore Celebrity, but will admit a lot of sea days can get a little boring (the Bermuda trips had 3). Some of the stuff we do: any scavenger hunt, ping pong, family bingo, backstage tour, sushi making demonstrations and the evening shows. We have also cruised on Carnival and Royal Caribbean and also find them a little too crowded, too busy and too loud.

San Juan is our favorite departure port. We love to come in a few days ahead, or stay a few days after, and visit all parts of Puerto Rico.

You didn't mention if you stayed in one cabin or two, but four in a Summit interior is definitely cozy! This photo was from a last minute inside guarantee to Bermuda that we got for a steal. Third and fourth were free, so we couldn't resist.

39995933430_ff26302e3f_b.jpg

Love that pic! Thanks for sharing your experience!

Thanks everyone for your feedback!

As it turns out, my parents think they want to sail with us and flying to San Juan isn't ideal for them for some unrelated reasons. So I'm going to keep this in my back pocket for now.

It looks like we've probably decided to do the Nieuw Statendam (Holland America) for Spring Break next year. I was able to book a balcony cabin for all 4 of us for $2300 as opposed to the same price for an inside on the Summit. That helped make our decision a bit easier, but I am still hoping to sail the Summit and that Southern itinerary sometime soon! We've been to PR twice and loved it!

...Also keep in mind that the Summit is coming out of a significant drydock next March. Expect things to look clean, shiny and new, but there is also a risk of cancellations, problems or delays.

Thanks for that information! Really glad to hear it. Do you know what will be done? We were on the ship twice after the last renovation. The cabins (below suites) weren't touched and they really needed work - at least in the CC cabins. The shower wall lining came away from the wall about 15" a couple of times, the sofa needed re-covering and the carpet needed help too. None of this really bothered us but it would be really nice to have the cabins get some attention on the next dry dock.