Childs birthday celebration onboard

jhofer

We are sailing on Carnival Fantasy October 31st. My son's 4th birthday is October 18th. While we aren't on the cruise for his actual birth date, the cruise is in place of a birthday party.

I've read threads about being able to celebrate a childs birthday on the ship when their birthday falls while actually on the ship. Will we be able to celebrate his birthday onboard even though it has technically passed?

ETA: We will be getting room decor and also planning on ordering a cake for the mdr. Will the waiters still sing to him? I've read about Camp Carnival doing a little birthday celebration. Can I have that done for him also? This is his birthday cruise and I want it to be special for him. :)

Edited by jhofer

Call Carnival and look into room decorations. My son LOVED them at age 4. Our cabin was decorated with balloons and streamers and so forth on the day of embarkation and he enjoyed them the entire cruise. Other things you can order are stuffed animals and other novelty items. Some are on the website, but I'd call, because there are some items not available on the website. These things aren't free of course- but they make the trip special. One year my parents ordered a cake for the room, which was too much cake to eat (and sort of a waste), but your child might like chocolate covered strawberries and the drink package or something like that. Have fun.