Booking Radiance Specialty Restaurants & 9 Night Cruise Menu - Formal Nights?

Hi Guys,

Just two questions hoping you can refresh my memory on!

1) When booking specialty restaurants online, I can see that you need to pay at the time of making the reservation. If making the reservation on the ship, is payment made at the time of making the reservation or at time of dining?

2) I am wanting to book Chefs Table however want to ensure that we don't book it for the formal nights as I quite like the formal nights in the dining room.

Has anyone recently done a 9 night South Pacific cruise and can you shed light on when the formal nights were? I'm estimating perhaps the second or third night might be the first formal night and maybe one on the way back to Aus.

Thank you for your help!

Second night is pretty much always the first formal night and the second formal night on a 9 night cruise should be the second night out of your last Port (ie, say you are leaving Vila tonight, the formal night will be the next night) so that your last night is all about saying goodbye to your new friends and tipping dining room attendants;) etc.

I wouldn't Pre-book any specialty restaurants but as they are now a popular dining experience, I would book them pretty soon after boarding. You can dial the restaurant(s) from your room or just drop in to one of the Specialty Restaurants to make the booking for any of them. They will charge your Seapass card once you have dined but reserve the right to charge you if you don't give them the appropriate notice or fail to turn up.

Cheers

Di