Booking Shore Tours for Others

LouLou28

Hi ... I hope one of you experienced cruisers can answer a question for me.

We're (family of four) travelling with my sister's family (of four) at the end of the month.

We're wanting to book our shore tours together and I understand that if we want to make sure we're on the same tour we have to put them all on one booking form. I'm assuming this will then all be charged to one cabin/cruise account?

If any of you have done this before is this the case - and did you then just work out the financials between yourselves, or can P&O charge it to different cabins/accounts?

Thanks so much in advance - as usual - for your words of wisdom!

You can visit the Shore Tours or Pursers (can't remember which) and get them transferred to the correct seapass once onboard. We did that as we were a group of singles travelling and wanted the same tour.

Thanks ADF ... I knew you would have the answer!:D

Just a quick question about shore tours- When you have pre-booked your shore tour how do you find out if it has been confirmed? Do you have to wait until you get on the ship?

Thanks

I selected our shore tours and faxed the form off to P&O. About a week later I received an email from my TA advising that P&O had confirmed all the tours :)

If you booked through P&O directly they will email you.

I assume it's still a case of first in best dressed and you may not get the tour time you asked for if it's already full. If that's the case they put you into the next available if your chosen one is full. I assume you don't find out your exact tour time until you're onboard where your tickets are waiting for you on your bed :D

When I went on my cruise in December, there were three of us in the room and we all booked our tickets over the phone with P&O.

They then emailed us confirmation of the tours booked.

When we got to our room on the ship, the tickets were waiting for us. They were all charged to my name/cruise card as I was listed as Passenger No 1.

We simply had to go to the Pursers Desk where they credited my account for the costs of my friends' shore tours, leaving just the cost for my shore tour.

And they then charged the tours to my friends' individual cruise cards.

So feel free to book all together to ensure that you are all on the same tour, and you can then fix up the charges when onboard.

Although I would very highly recommend booking shore tours as soon as you can so that you don't miss out.

You can either use the shore tour booking form or you can call P&O if you don't yet have a booking form or if you don't want to use the form.

HAPPY CRUISING!

I selected our shore tours and faxed the form off to P&O. About a week later I received an email from my TA advising that P&O had confirmed all the tours :)

If you booked through P&O directly they will email you.

I assume it's still a case of first in best dressed and you may not get the tour time you asked for if it's already full. If that's the case they put you into the next available if your chosen one is full. I assume you don't find out your exact tour time until you're onboard where your tickets are waiting for you on your bed :D

We booked through our travel agent. I ended up giving them a call today and they said our tour had been confirmed, so happy, can't wait :)

Archived