Anyone ever used BOA visa reward points to pay for their cruise?

Not sure how I missed this on the website but looks like on the bank of america site there is an area for travel where I can use my accumulated points to help pay for our family cruise next year to Europe on RCL! I have never really paid attention to the points and what I could get. (Just pay my bill every month! Silly I know :-))Anyone ever done this and approximately how many points does it take to get money off or even pay for the cruise? I know I can call the bank but before I do, I figured I'd ask you pros! We always book through RC but wondering if this could be a more economical approach if we can save some money! Just want to make sure their travel folks are legit...

I have the BOA card and it is good for travel. Go to their rewards website and it will explain the points. You will need many thousands. I've never used it for travel but did get a super nice vacuum cleaner with mine last year that would have cost me close to $300 in the store.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes my husband and I used our points to cruise.. we racked up enough points for a free cruise for 2.. ( does not include tax and port chargers ) We cruised the Allure of the seas when it first came out.. It was the best cruise by far!

Archived