Details please: disembarking at Greenwich Ship Tier (London)

We will be disembarking at the "floating cruise terminal" on the Thames at Greenwich. As far as I can tell by looking at website such as the Port of London Authority, we step onto a floating platform and then take a short tender ride to Greenwich Pier on the south bank of the Thames, next to the Cutty Sark.

It's at this point that I have been unable to find further information. Greenwich Pier is in a pedestrianised area, and we need to tell a driver where to collect us.

Has anybody done this? Thanks.

It's at this point that I have been unable to find further information. Greenwich Pier is in a pedestrianised area, and we need to tell a driver where to collect us.
Are you getting the car from an established London company? If so, they'll probably have a better idea of what works in practice.

From memory, I think that the Gipsy Moth (a pub) is about the closest that you can easily get to the pier in a car.

Are you getting the car from an established London company? If so, they'll probably have a better idea of what works in practice.
Thanks for the reply and the tip about the Gipsy Moth. The car is coming from a firm near home, not London.

• 3 weeks later...
From memory, I think that the Gipsy Moth (a pub) is about the closest that you can easily get to the pier in a car.
The tender works from Greenwich Pier, right beside the Cutty Sark (and the Gipsy Moth Pub). There doesn't seem to be any designated pick up/drop off area.
I was walking around there a couple of days ago and had a look: cars can get up to the Gipsy Moth, but that is as far as they can go.

• 3 months later...

This is a little late for this thread but I also had difficulty finding out information when we were arriving in June 2018 on the Silver Spirit, so thought this may be of some help for other researchers. The Tier (dock) is in the middle of the River Thames, the shipping companies organise a ferry to take passengers to Greenwich Tier (only a few minutes away) when they disembark. Our cruise ship had organised for the luggage to be picked up in a marquee in the gardens of the Tourist Information Centre. There were plenty of porters to help you with your luggage and in our case to the taxi rank just a couple of minutes away. I noticed there were cars waiting for passengers near Pepys Gate if that is any help for those trying to organise a pick up.

• Like 2