Paradise Beach, Jet Skis, and a Double Bachelor Party

andybev

Arriving in Cozumel 7/28 during a 4-day with Carnival. We get to port at 7 AM and depart at 4:30 PM. Would Paradise Beach be a good fit for us?

• 15 guys on a double bachelor party (we don't get too rowdy), so I know we'll take at least 3 cabs.
  • Jet skis are a big request in the group, and we'd all like to ride for an hour... preferably on some nice ones (I'm told by Malin at Paradise Beach that the jet skis are brand new models). I'm sure they don't have 15 available but we'll survive if we have to ride in shifts.
  • What's a realistic time frame for maximizing fun? Something like: step foot on the dock at 8 AM, get to Paradise by 9 AM, have fun until 2:30 PM, rendezvous for cab rides at 3 and back on the boat before 4? Would love input from seasoned Carnival cruisers on this one.

Also, is haggling in bad taste? I was offered jet ski discounts if I get the fun pass--which I was planning to get anyway--but the prices still seem a little... touristy.

Not a bad idea. Reasonable time line. I think though PAYGO prices at Coz beaches aren't haggable (sic).

However, it never hurts to ask directly.

If you are docking at 7AM it is possible you could get off the ship before 8AM. Cab ride is less than 15 minutes. And given that, you can even leave around 3P and make it back to the ship by 3:30P which is when you'll most likely have to be on board anyway. Just don't stop and wander around after getting out of the taxis.

Just for comparison sake check out Mr. Sanchos. They have similar "toys" and do offer an AI package (which they promote over PAYGO). Might fit your budget a bit better. And "party vibes tend to be a little higher there.

Really can't go wrong with either place.

Really can't go wrong with either place.

Thanks for the info! They both look like great options. Sanchos does seem like it might be a little more crowded than PB, but I'm sure everything is bound to be crowded that day.

Carnival told me that if I have an excursion planned, we can get off as early as possible. Is 8 AM a realistic PB arrival time?