Recent Experience for Port Cervo/Olbia on Riviera

2552phxcrzr

The O tour descriptions all show as starting from Olbia. However, all the cruise schedule websites show Riviera in Porto Cervo. I am checking with O to see if I can get more specific information from them. In the meantime, I'd appreciate input from recent Riviera/Marina cruisers as to their experience. Most of what I found by searching is older information.

Thanks.

We are also on a Riviera cruise calling at ‘Olbia /Porto Cervo’ and I agree it is confused. However my feeling is that the cruise schedule websites have got it wrong. Why would O run tours to Porto Cervo if we were landing there? Also, I believe Porto Cervo is a tender port, whereas Olbia is a dock. The port is not marked on the itinerary as a tender port. I have booked with a local tour guide and he has not queried Olbia as the port, and I think the locals know what to expect. I will check on board and if necessary email or text him to alter the pick-up point.

However, I would be interested to hear what response you get from Oceania.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are also on a Riviera cruise calling at ‘Olbia /Porto Cervo’ and I agree it is confused. However my feeling is that the cruise schedule websites have got it wrong. Why would O run tours to Porto Cervo if we were landing there? Also, I believe Porto Cervo is a tender port, whereas Olbia is a dock. The port is not marked on the itinerary as a tender port. I have booked with a local tour guide and he has not queried Olbia as the port, and I think the locals know what to expect. I will check on board and if necessary email or text him to alter the pick-up point.

However, I would be interested to hear what response you get from Oceania.

Waiting to hear from O ... I may have to give them a nudge and call if I don’t hear back today. In the meantime, a tour operator I contacted didn’t contradict Porto Cervo (I specifically asked about it) ... so who knows.

Waiting to hear from O ... I may have to give them a nudge and call if I don’t hear back today. In the meantime, a tour operator I contacted didn’t contradict Porto Cervo (I specifically asked about it) ... so who knows.

Do you have any news yet?

I found another tour operator who can accommodate us and she said Olbia, so I am going with that. Still haven’t heard from O. I was going to call yesterday, but got too busy booking the 2020 RTW instead ;)

Just got a response to my email to O confirming Olbia.