Renting a driver for the day

bluehawks47

Has anyone ever rented a driver/taxi for most of the day? We are looking at hitting a few beaches and do not want to rent a car. I am sure a few adult beverages will be part of our tour, so we would rather not drive.

So, is it possible to hire someone to drive us around for about 4-5 hours? If so, any idea of the cost of this?

Also, we want to end up at Friar's Bay Beach, but we need a suggestion or two of where to stop along the way.

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...
You should get in touch with Jo Junie Tours. He will take you all around the island including Maho Beach, Friars Bay etc. for $40 per person. They will customize your tours. Look online for his website. Very good company.

Thank you very much! I’ll email them now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We went to the cab stand and asked the dispatcher for a “private cab for 4 hours this past February. No problem, he hooked us us with a driver almost immediately and charged us $160+tip. She drove us anywhere we wanted. Nice day, saw the effects of the storm.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

We used Stan the Man Tours for our group of 10 people and he was fantastic. We told him where we wanted to go and how long we wanted to stay at each place. He quoted us a fair price. He picked us up exactly where and when he said he would. He recommended a great place for lunch too.