Belfast and the Antrim Coast

Ive not done it as part of a cruise, but did do a giants causeway and antrim coast day trip from belfast. i think theres a few companies who do it. we did it with minicoachni.co.uk. the all day tour is departs at 9.45am and returns at approx 6.45pm. i dont know if that's too long for you...?

I haven't done this as part of a cruise but the Antrim coast is absolutely spectacular. The Giant's Causeway, rope bridge, and Bushmills Distillery (if you like whiskey) are must sees.

I've visited this part of the world many times as I've got friends who live along the coast and I never get tired of going there.

Debbie:)

• 1 month later...

We where on the Jewel of the sea last week and stopped in Belfast. A friend told me about a company called Ireland Luxury tours. My wife and I wanted a nice privet tour without looking out of a bus window to see what Ireland looked like. We only had a few hours there and wanted to get the most we could out of it. We hit a home run! Our driver was the owner Maurice. He was a really nice guy and told us we will go at whatever pace we wanted to. He drove us to Dunluce Castle then the Giant’s Causeway showing us things along the way. We stopped at a little fishing village and along a scenic overlook of a beach. We drove thru the country and really got the feel of Ireland. We then toured down town and the dry dock where the Titanic was built. After we where back and had talked to others on the ship we really realized what a good deal we had. Some had cheaper trips but only did a couple things. We didn’t meet anyone that did as much as we did in the short time we where there (9:00-3:30). We have done more then 30 cruises and this was the best tour we have ever done! http://www.irelandluxurytours.com/

Fred

Hi Coxswain,

Good to see another N. Irish poster ( albeit I've lived in London the last twenty years) and you made a number of excellent suggestions in your thread.

One omission, unless I overlooked it, was The Ulster Folk and Transport Museum in Cultra, only 8 miles or so from Belfast. If the weather is inclement and the prospect of looking through a rain-soaked window on a coastal excursion doesn't appeal, this might be the ticket for you. Particularly if you are interested in history. The cost by taxi ( I'm guessing) would be around £12 and that's for up to 4 persons, not each. Plus admission £6.00 per adult / £3.50 per child up to 18yrs. The museum offers a great nsight into the history of Northern Ireland and the domestic conditions folk lived in, including rebuilt brick cottages with turf-burning fires, an old schoolhouse etc and completely authentic interiors. The museum is terrific value for money.

http://www.nmni.com/uftm/Visiting-Information

NewEnglanders, I'm delighted you enjoyed your short visit; you certainly saw a lot in such a short timeframe. Northern Ireland has an amazingly beautiful coastline. :)

Archived