Epic Carnival Fantasy Review & PICS/March 23rd, 2012 Sailing

• 1 month later...
I am new to cruise critic and wanted to thank you for taking the time to do this review. Dh and I are taking the kids on their first cruise April 2013. We are taking the Fantasy out of Charleston. Your pictures have convinced me that we must go to Junkanoo Beach.

us too!!! My first Cruise on March 27th,2013. Thank you so much for the tips!

:D Thx so-o-o-o much for the directions to and pics of Junkanoo Beach !

Answered my q's and put me @ ease. Looking forward to our visit there. Yay !

I am glad the info about Junkanoo was helpful. I will be going back there for my next cruise in October for our girl's cruise. I cant wait!!

Thanks for the review and all the pictures, looks like you had a great time.

Thanks for reading and we try to have a great time everyday. Unfortunately that work thing tends to get in the way sometimes.

us too!!! My first Cruise on March 27th,2013. Thank you so much for the tips!

You are going to have a fantastic time on your first cruise. You will always remember your first cruise. Then begins an addiction that you will have no control over. You will ALWAYS want to have another cruise booked.

I just booked a girl's cruise with the Fantasy Girls for October and cannot wait to write from a different point of view.

Still referencing your review for information on our upcoming Fantasy cruise in June. Cannot wait. Question: We have a friend that lives in Chas. and might be able to drop us off at the port. How would this work? Do we still go through the maze of cones? Do we still show our paperwork early and then do we still ride the shuttle bus to the ship??

Thanks ahead of time.

Really enjoyed reading your blog, I'm going my first cruise on Fantasy in 6 days. Your blogged has really provided me some good pointers and what to expect, love all the pics and the food and drink info, it has really only gotten more excited. For a first time cruiser, thank you for your blog it has been really :D

Still referencing your review for information on our upcoming Fantasy cruise in June. Cannot wait. Question: We have a friend that lives in Chas. and might be able to drop us off at the port. How would this work? Do we still go through the maze of cones? Do we still show our paperwork early and then do we still ride the shuttle bus to the ship??

Thanks ahead of time.

I am glad that the information is useful.

I believe that you would still go through the maze of cones. Here is a link from the Terminal outlining the drop off location. Look under Gate 2.

http://www.port-of-charleston.com/cruises/documents/carnival_fantasy_Jan_dec_2013.pdf

If you were to take a cab or shuttle, that line goes right past people sitting in line for parking and being dropped off by friends/family from a different gate altogether.

Really enjoyed reading your blog, I'm going my first cruise on Fantasy in 6 days. Your blogged has really provided me some good pointers and what to expect, love all the pics and the food and drink info, it has really only gotten more excited. For a first time cruiser, thank you for your blog it has been really :D

So happy to hear that my cruise review is still so well-received! That makes me happy.

First cruise in 6 days huh? I am so excited for you!!!

Spent time @ Junkanoo Beach in Nassau Bahamas. Though there are many beaches that are longer and more beautiful, this beach was still okay for us. Walking distance from the ship and close to the city. Crystal clear water. Good for a first dip in Bahamas waters !

Thanks for getting back to me.

Anyone going on Fantasy in the next couple of months- I would appreciate a photo of the camp carnival area if you end up with kids going there - please!

I only saw the stock Carnival photos, but like the cabin pics they are not necessarily what it really looks like.

Thank you.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Anyone going on Fantasy in the next couple of months- I would appreciate a photo of the camp carnival area if you end up with kids going there - please!

I only saw the stock Carnival photos, but like the cabin pics they are not necessarily what it really looks like.

Thank you.

I have some friends who are going April 16th. I will ask if they can take some pics.

You are going to have a fantastic time on your first cruise. You will always remember your first cruise. Then begins an addiction that you will have no control over. You will ALWAYS want to have another cruise booked.

I just booked a girl's cruise with the Fantasy Girls for October and cannot wait to write from a different point of view.

All4fun&fun4all, I see how you Girls roll now first you are the "Fantasy" Girls now the "Fascination" Girls whats next the "Freedom" Girls? ;):D:cool: Pink

All4fun&fun4all, I see how you Girls roll now first you are the "Fantasy" Girls now the "Fascination" Girls whats next the "Freedom" Girls? ;):D:cool: Pink

HAHA! I just booked a girls cruise out of NOLA in October, Nancy!

Pink...we will be the Elation girls. No hubbies, no kids = pure Elation!

Hi Pink!

That's not a bad idea! The Fantasy Girls Fascinating Freedom Cruise 2014!

Sheryl

HAHA! I just booked a girls cruise out of NOLA in October, Nancy!

Pink...we will be the Elation girls. No hubbies, no kids = pure Elation!

alligirl78, Thats great I have never been on the Elation. Check out Sargentshulz photo review. Oh by the way like your new picture without the marine animals ;) Pink

• 3 months later...
Thank you! I feel weird not being able to finish it yet.

Oh, you are sooooo lucky! I will wave at the ship on my way to work tomorrow. :)

I cant wait to finish it. I really wish my camera hadnt screwed up so much. There would be tons more pictures.

for t

I don't Plan on going on the same ship but I am ENJOYING the REVIEW . Thank you for the time you spent. Sounds like you guys are FUN people.

for t

I don't Plan on going on the same ship but I am ENJOYING the REVIEW . Thank you for the time you spent. Sounds like you guys are FUN people.

I am glad you like it. I cannot wait to get back onboard in October so that I can write another one! 132 more days or something like that!:D

• 2 years later...
The Andrew met a local and I was serenaded. We shared a beer with him. Super cool guy!

CarnivalFantasy2012403.jpg

Pretty

CarnivalFantasy2012392.jpg

I wanted to make it to Fish Fry (Arawak Cay) but time did not permit, so we packed up and headed towards Senor Frogs where James and Ann showed up. Hilarity ensued and naturally my camera decided to die completely. Not even CPR could bring it back.

We purchased a Yard of the Hurricane ($16.25) and were slightly disappointed that the bottom did not have a roundy end. It was hollow. Oh, well. James bought the Andrew a beer and Ann and I went to the Straw Market and got a great deal on a hat for my son and a shot glass and gifts for her friends at home. We gathered the boys and headed back to the ship, talking to locals along the way.

I totally need to back track for one second. The Andrew broke his toe on the way to Junkanoo. He was talking to the local sanitation workers over near Senor Frogs and slammed his toe on the steps. It is still black and blue with a blood blister. EW!

Okay, I hate to end on this note but I have been at this since this morning. I need to figure out where to find the iphone pics because this computer is being a total D-bag.

Wow! That was like a total work day of writing. 7 hours worth of review. It may be Monday before I get back on here so that I can find out what folder these darn pics ended up in. So, until later folks, I hope you enjoyed our voyage so far and will be happy to answer any questions from this point forward.

Shoot!

Thank you so much for sharing this post with all of us! I love all of the pictures and the details. I have been trying to get info on Junkanoo Beach, and your post has been the most helpful. Did you see chair rentals when you were there? If so, how much were they? I see that your trip was a few years ago. Have you been there recently?

Diann :-)