Hi all - just got home a few hours ago from Sun 08/28-09/04 Cruise

jdr2alaska

Hi all,

Geri and I just got home around 1:30 EDT from our cruise to Alaska and subsequent flight home from Vancouver. I haven't been to bed yet...I got online around 3ish and sorted through 500+ e-mails that accumulated in my absence.:eek:

I'll work on getting my pictures uploaded to the web and a review written, but I'll give you this quick ditty.

The weatherman was accurate this week. He called for temps in the 50's with rain every day and that's what we got. Nothing really heavy though.

But Geri and I had a great time on the cruise! The plane trips - that's another story:rolleyes: - but I'll get into that with my review.

Gonna try to get some sleep. TTYL...

JR

Was busy at work yesterday and it was my b-day to boot, so I was trying not to overtask myself:p

I started writing the trip up, but it's gonna be long. We had some interesting stuff happen before and after the cruise, so that's going to be included too.

The review will be forthcoming in the next day or two.

JR

Happy belated birthday, JR!

Thanks for the photos. They're awesome. I've heard that the glacier ice is bluer in cloudy weather--at least that's one good reason for cloudy weather!

The suite looks good, and we're really looking forward to its twin next door. In looking at your photos, we tried to picture the opposite layout. You've now piqued my curiosity, and I can hardly wait to read your review. Where will you post it (so I don't miss it)?

We're also very interested in what excursions you chose.

Thanks so much!

Adele

Great pictures! Can you advise me on what rain gear you took? did you just take extra shoes along in case of muddy conditions? Thanks for sharing your photos and any advise. :)

I just took a windbreaker with a hood - picked up on sale a couple of days prior to the trip at K-Mart. I had gotten one of those "folds into its own pouch" raincoats from Lands' End and didn't use it because it had no lining and it was too cool out.

No extra shoes - just the same pair of sneakers.

JR

Happy belated birthday, JR!

Thanks for the photos. They're awesome. I've heard that the glacier ice is bluer in cloudy weather--at least that's one good reason for cloudy weather!

The suite looks good, and we're really looking forward to its twin next door. In looking at your photos, we tried to picture the opposite layout. You've now piqued my curiosity, and I can hardly wait to read your review. Where will you post it (so I don't miss it)?

We're also very interested in what excursions you chose.

Thanks so much!

Adele

Thanks, Adele.

I'll make sure that I've got links from here and the other CC forums I frequent (NCL one and the Roll Call for my cruise) to wherever the review is. I'll probably determine by the length of the review whether I want to post it here or write it up on my web site and just post a link here.

All of our excursions were through the cruise line - Ketchikan was the Saxman Native Village & Lumberjack Show Combo; Juneau was the Whale Watching and Wildlife Quest; Skagway was the Klondike Gold Dredge and Gold Panning; and Wrangell was the Wilderness Adventure by Jet Boat (can't remember if this was the exact title or not).

JR

Archived