Rhine Get Away in Nov.

We booked the Viking Rhine Get Away for Nov. 2019. The price was really good & included the air fare. I googled the temps & although cold, the weather actually appeals to us. Has anyone done this cruise in Mid November? Would you mind sharing your experience. Thanks.:)

Our experience in Europe late Fall/early Winter has varied from one extreme to the other. What we usually do is use weather.com, set up our favorites for those cities we are visiting, and monitor close to departure (forecast will show 10-15 days out depending upon how you access, ie, app or internet). The other thing we do is pack for layering clothes so that it will provide flexibility in case weather changes.

Our experience in Europe late Fall/early Winter has varied from one extreme to the other. What we usually do is use weather.com, set up our favorites for those cities we are visiting, and monitor close to departure (forecast will show 10-15 days out depending upon how you access, ie, app or internet). The other thing we do is pack for layering clothes so that it will provide flexibility in case weather changes.

Ditto! We've spent a very (unusually) snowy mid-November in Amsterdam with some warmer days in December in Basel, so we layer, and we bring waterproof shoes & jackets (we've seen more rain than snow on most of our trips) along with hat/scarves/gloves - easy to pack, easy to stick in a pocket until you need it. I always prefer light flexible layers, so we have some uniqlo heattech shirts we can wear as underlayers. Merino wool tees (short & long sleeve). I always pack a dress (I wear dresses a LOT) merino in the fall/winter, with tights (fleece if the forecast is super cold).

Then we'll fine tune our packing using the weather forecast as close to departure date as we can....

[we did a Dec river cruise NUE-BSL but have done Nov trips to AMS, PAR, and....dang a couple other I can't recall right now - Thanksgiving flights ex-USA are often cheap & we take advantage!)