AMA Waterways Volga River Moscow to St. Petersburg July 15 - 26, 2011

187harland

We are Rissa and Alfie from Montreal QC Canada...quite excited about this river cruise, our first. We hope fellow passengers will find their way - your way - to this board and hop on! Finding these boards for river cruises is a bit more challenging than for other cruises.

We will be arriving in Moscow and staying in a hotel for 3 nights before the cruise and will remain in St. Petersburg a further 4 nights in hotel after the cruise. We are now planning private tours with guides in both cities to see more than we are given by AmaW. We will do this alone, the two of us, however it would be more economical and possibly more fun to find another couple or two other people to join us.

If you would like to know additional info on these plans please do not hesitate to email me at: oneputt at sympatico dot ca

Please put "Volga river info' or similar as the subject in your email. Also, you can reply here as well. I'll check back soon! Looks like an amazing journey. Best, RiS

Hi,

We are booked on this rivercruise from St Petersburg to Moscow on September 8th, 2011. Looking forward to hearing about your cruise when you return. If you go to the Ports of Call section of Cruise Critic, you can check for names of suggested guides.

Sheila

Hi Rissa,

We did this trip last July and loved it!!! We used Red October and set up 2 days of private tours going back to places the boat took us to but didn't go in or didn't have enough time, etc. They were amazing to work with. I also have the name of our driver and guide that I would highly recommend. If you would like more info about this email me at m.c.bissonnette@sympatico.ca I live in Ontario but was born in Montreal and my family is still there!!!

Corinne

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I'll be looking for your review of your river cruise. I'm surprised I haven't heard from cruisers on our date. Anybody out there?

Just getting info together for the Visa application...lotsa stuff and lotsa money!

RiSSa

I'll be looking for your review of your river cruise. I'm surprised I haven't heard from cruisers on our date. Anybody out there?

Just getting info together for the Visa application...lotsa stuff and lotsa money!

RiSSa

Our date is showing as sold out and I have not seen a single CC member with that date, either.

Sent my visa stuff in last week.

Archived