Anyone done Germaine's Luao recently?

DrivesLikeMario

We went New Year's Eve with a party of 16. Had a great time, thought entertainment was great and food fine. Mai Tais were good. I would recommend it. They took very good care of my older parents who were celebrating their 50th anniversary. Food and drinks were brought to them. They did not have to go through the line. We got a great picture of all of us too.

We went New Year's Eve with a party of 16. Had a great time, thought entertainment was great and food fine. Mai Tais were good. I would recommend it. They took very good care of my older parents who were celebrating their 50th anniversary. Food and drinks were brought to them. They did not have to go through the line. We got a great picture of all of us too.

That's great to hear, thanks Penorment! Did they pick you all up in Honolulu? ;)

We went to Germaines last May. They picked us up at our Hotel (Pacific Beach). We had a great time. We bought our tickets in advance from Magnum Tours in Honolulu - around $48 per person including the round-trip transportation from the hotel. Transportation is in a tour bus - so it makes a few stops. You have a person from Germaines on the bus as tour guide and entertainer. He really made the bus trip fun. Would recommend - everyone in our group of 14 really enjoyed the show (and the bus ride).

• 2 weeks later...
We went to Germaines last May. They picked us up at our Hotel (Pacific Beach). We had a great time. We bought our tickets in advance from Magnum Tours in Honolulu - around $48 per person including the round-trip transportation from the hotel. Transportation is in a tour bus - so it makes a few stops. You have a person from Germaines on the bus as tour guide and entertainer. He really made the bus trip fun. Would recommend - everyone in our group of 14 really enjoyed the show (and the bus ride).

We will be on the Celebrity Summit 4/9/06 thru 4/23/06 Hawaii cruise

'

Our group of 18 would love to do Germaine's in Oahau for their Luau

How do I go about booking reservations ??

Peggy

Redheddad, sorry, no I haven't been on the POA. Will be on the Pride of Hawaii (new ship) this July. Have been to Hawaii many, many times though on land trips.

Haven't been to the Old Lahaina Luau, but our friends have and felt it was well worth it. We've done Germaine's on Oahu and also one in Maui at a hotel (I think it was the Sheraton, but not positive on that). The hotel one in Maui was the pits.

Looks like you'll be on the POA before I am, so I'll be anxious to hear your perspective on it!

Very interesting, well-written and concise review. I think the most important statement in the whole thing was, "Don't sweat the small stuff." We're going with that attitude. I know this won't be one of the more pampered types of cruises with exceptional service. Although we appreciate that, we aren't expecting it this time.

We'll definitely tip extra every day to the cabin steward. Having clean mini-suites will be really important to us. As for the dining staff, I guess we'll just be patient and/or find a waiter we like and use him often and tip extra accordingly.

Thanks so much for the link! :)

We just did Germaine's last week. Personally, I think it was a waste of money. Long lines for food, drinks not that great, and so-so entertainment. If your set on going, there's a coupon in the Entertainment Book for 25% off, it's good for 4 people, that could help a little.

Not sure about that. When we went, it was an open bar and believe me, people took advantage of that. It was a good thing no one was driving! The drinks were potent enough to make a lot of people very drunk.

I sure hope they've limited it to 3 free drinks. I think that would encourage people to drink less. (hopefully, anyway!) ;)

Archived