Carnival Spirit - theme nights and formal nights

One of my colleagues at work is going on the Carnival Spirit on the 25th August cruise and this will be her first cruise. Does anyone know what sort of theme nights will be on and do most people participate in formal nights? Would her hubby be ok in just a sports jacket and tie rather than a full suit or tux?

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

One of my colleagues at work is going on the Carnival Spirit on the 25th August cruise and this will be her first cruise. Does anyone know what sort of theme nights will be on and do most people participate in formal nights? Would her hubby be ok in just a sports jacket and tie rather than a full suit or tux?

We did the Spirit in June, they had a Caribbean deck party, Mexican, night and a white deck party. Formal nights were very laid back, most women made a reasonable effort, men were very casual, sports jacket and tie would be more than suitable. Robin:)

Just of the Spirit - theme nights are Caribbean and Mexican - very few dressed up although there were a few Hawaiian shirts around and some sombreros on Mexican night (don't know where they got them from). Elegant night as they are called are reasonably casual - Lady - short cocktail dress - men - maybe a sports coat many men did not dress up at all. My husband wore a suit to one night and sports coat on the other ( no Tux needed). I enjoyed my cruise despite all the bad press I have read. Cabins comfortable and food was good . Staff very friendly

Cruise love

Hi. Currently on Spirit. Theme nights are as described and you can dress up if you like. Food is amazingly good...a definite step up from P&O. Just come back from Chef Table Experience.. One of the best meals I've ever had...better than the Degustation at Vue de Monde.

Archived