Snorkelling In St. Maarten post Hurricanes?

SailinC2C

A few years ago we did a ships snorkel tour and the snorkeling was quite good. It was a large boat with several decks and we headed out of the bay and in the direction to Maho Bay, but not that far.

Has anyone snorkeled in St. Maarten post hurricane??

A few years ago we did a ships snorkel tour and the snorkeling was quite good. It was a large boat with several decks and we headed out of the bay and in the direction to Maho Bay, but not that far.

We are going to St. Maarten Feb 7. Just received a cancellation for our booked snorkel excursion. bummed. Now I don't know what to do in St. Maarten.

We did some snorkeling from the beach at Mullet Bay when we were there in late December. It was every bit as good as I remember when we snorkeled in the same spot 4 years ago.

We did some snorkeling from the beach at Mullet Bay when we were there in late December. It was every bit as good as I remember when we snorkeled in the same spot 4 years ago.

Thanks. Maybe we try going there. Do they rent equipment there or do we need to take our own?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are going to St. Maarten Feb 7. Just received a cancellation for our booked snorkel excursion. bummed. Now I don't know what to do in St. Maarten.

Can you let me know..was it a ship sponsored excursion or private?

Was the canceled excursion rccl Golden eagle? I found reviews (I think on tripad site post hurricane) but I notice excursion disappeared from offerings and not sure if it’s bc full or something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can you let me know..was it a ship sponsored excursion or private?

It was ship sponsored. I got the Carnival 110% excursion guarantee because there are the exact same excursion private but I am leary of booking one because - will we go and if we do, would it be good? I've decided not to book another. Guess I'll just wait until we get there to decide on what to do