Anchovies

Whistlespitter

I love Caesar Salads and whenever I think of it, I ask the waiter to bring anchovies with mine. You would think that they would put a few on the salad but, more often than not, they bring a whole dish of them. Invariably, the sight of that quantity of little fishies grosses out someone at the table!

I love Caesar Salads and whenever I think of it, I ask the waiter to bring anchovies with mine. You would think that they would put a few on the salad but, more often than not, they bring a whole dish of them. Invariably, the sight of that quantity of little fishies grosses out someone at the table!

I love anchovies on pizza, in caesar salad, on fresh crusty bread with a slice of Jarlsberg Cheese.... Yummy.

Yes, does tend to gross out others.

We anchovie lovers are rare.

I am picky about the "quality" of the anchovies tho.

Not any anchovie will do.:p

Anchovies to me are the spice of life. My husband is an anchovie hater and he invariably winds up with some on his side of the pizza. I have learned to live with the disgusted looks.;)
If they are salted they are fantastic as a seasoning, try them with a leg of lamb,

Make little cuts in your lamb with the tip of your knife and press in the fillet, then roast.

Try the soused anchovies "Bocarones" aTapa dish in Spain, fantastic! regards

If they are salted they are fantastic as a seasoning, try them with a leg of lamb,

Make little cuts in your lamb with the tip of your knife and press in the fillet, then roast.

Try the soused anchovies "Bocarones" aTapa dish in Spain, fantastic! regards

Mmm sounds way to good. Thanks for those ideas.

Ahhh... What would be Pasta Putanesca be without a healthy dose of anchovies and capers?!

Thanks. Had to google "Pasta Putanesca" as I had never heard of that before.

I Love Capers, Olives, Pasta & Achovies of course.... What a funny beginning the dish had.

Do you have a favorite RECIPE for this?

Janis:p

Ahhh... What would be Pasta Putanesca be without a healthy dose of anchovies and capers?!
A wonderfull simply dish, that is helped if you can use the best quality of constituants, with care, be carefull with the chilli, try to use salted capers not brinned.

The quality of the bread you eat with it is also very important.

I live to eat not eat to live, regards

• 2 months later...

Archived