Repeat questions I'm sure ....

texasgirl

I'm sure these questions have been asked and re-asked but here I go again.

I'm assuming the stores on Front Street will be open on Sunday. Am I correct? What about the stores in Marigot? What about the open air market in Marigot - is it open on Sunday?

Where do the locals go for the best prices on booze? I'm specifically looking for Johnnie Walker Blue, Absolute and some of the higher end tequilas.

What is Orient Beach like between 9 and 11a.m.?

I'm assuming the stores on Front Street will be open on Sunday. Am I correct?

What about the stores in Marigot? What about the open air market in Marigot - is it open on Sunday?

I'm looking for Johnnie Walker Blue, Absolute and high end tequilas.

What is Orient Beach like between 9 and 11a.m.?

PBurg Sunday:

If a cruise ship is in, many of the stores on Front Street will be open but maybe for an abbreviated time.

Marigot Sunday:

Most of the stores will be closed including the open air market.

Booze:

The best prices will be at Ram's on Front Street, but for a limited selection some of the jewelry stores have great deals (e.g. Ray's, Caribbean Paradise & Diventi). For example, Ray's on Front Street always has Absolute at a price of about $5.95/liter.

Orient Beach AM:

The beach will be very quiet during those hours. There will be a lots of nudies going for their morning stroll down the beach before the majority of sunbathers arrive later in the morning.

Kal, thanks for info. It looks like there will be three ships in the same Sunday we are..... If the stores were going to be open "an abbreviated time" would it be midday or noon to 5-ish? That could be important in planning our stops for the day.

I would say the stores will be open from maybe 10 or 11am to at least about 2 or 3pm. With 3 ships it might encourage them to be open longer. BTW, what time of the year will you be in St. Maarten and what other ships will be in port?

I may be prejudiced but, I would have to say it is very accurate. It is based on the itineraries published by the cruiselines. At the moment however, the itineraries are changing daily to get around hurricane damaged ports. I am getting on top of it.

Brian:)

Brian...thanks for the great website. I'm sure it is a lot of work. I can't believe you even make an attempt to keep it "accurate" / updated with the hurricane changes. That is really a lot of work. I was just curious about "accuracy" because on our itinerary some ports have 6 ships in on one day and others we are the only ones there. Just a curiousity thing. No big deal. I love it if there are 50 ships in port or just us. It is a great site and it was fun to look and see who all will be there when we are.

Archived