Power outlets in Royal Clipper Cat 4 cabins?

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:04 AM.
Lincolnshire, UK
544 Posts
Joined Dec 2007
Can anyone tell me where the power outlets (not USB) are in relation to the beds in a Cat 4 cabin on Royal Clipper? I ask because my partner needs to use a CPAP machine every night, and we wonder whether we will need to take a long extension lead. Thanks.
Pennsylvania
416 Posts
Joined Feb 2009
Originally posted by Wacktle
Can anyone tell me where the power outlets (not USB) are in relation to the beds in a Cat 4 cabin on Royal Clipper? I ask because my partner needs to use a CPAP machine every night, and we wonder whether we will need to take a long extension lead. Thanks.
We sailed her two years ago in the Caribbean - first off, they use European 220v plugs and there were a couple near one side of the bed - the other side is flush against the wall. You can borrow an adaptor from the sloop shop/guest services. I don't remember if there are any other ones, but there is a lamp on the desk, so there may be one there. Enjoy an authentic sailing clipper - she is a beauty and we are sailing the Star Flyer in less than 3 weeks in the Adriatic/Med, but her outlets are American 110v. Don't understand why, but not complaining. My husband has CPAP also. You could take a power strip, but will still need an adaptor.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
SS Brasil 12/1959 South American eastern coast
Carnival Mardi Gras 6/1972 Caribbean
NCL Starward 7/1979 Caribbean
NCL SS Norway 8/1995 Caribbean
Celebrity Meridian 7/1996 Bermuda
Sea Princess 5/1999 Alaska
Carnival Inspiration 8/2000 Caribbean
Celebrity Horizon 11/2003 Panama Canal
Sun Princess 10/2005 Caribbean
Celebrity Zenith 11/2006 Caribbean
Azamara Quest 11/2007 Caribbean
Costa Mediterannea 1/2008 Caribbean
Azamara Journey 1/2009 Caribbean
Royal Princess 2/2010 Amazon
Celebrity Equinox 7/2010 Med.-Greece/Italy
Ruby Princess 5/2011 TA Fla. to Europe
Norwegian Star 2/2012 West. Caribbean
Crown Princess 11/2012 E. Med/Italy
Grandeur of the Seas 11/2013 Bermuda
Celebrity Summit 4/2014 So. Caribbean
Royal Clipper 1/2015 So. Caribbean
Carnival Pride 9/2015 Bahamas from Baltimore
Fathom Adonia 5/2016 Cuba
Star Pride 11/2016 ABC Islands/Grenadines
Star Flyer 10/2017 Croatia, Montenegro, Greece
Norwegian Epic 12/2/2017 E. Caribbean
Windstar Star Breeze 3/10/18 Costa Rica/Caribbean

Lincolnshire, UK
544 Posts
Joined Dec 2007
Originally posted by Mimi A
We sailed her two years ago in the Caribbean - first off, they use European 220v plugs and there were a couple near one side of the bed - the other side is flush against the wall. You can borrow an adaptor from the sloop shop/guest services. I don't remember if there are any other ones, but there is a lamp on the desk, so there may be one there. Enjoy an authentic sailing clipper - she is a beauty and we are sailing the Star Flyer in less than 3 weeks in the Adriatic/Med, but her outlets are American 110v. Don't understand why, but not complaining. My husband has CPAP also. You could take a power strip, but will still need an adaptor.
Thank you Mimi A. We sailed on her from Venice in 2014, but didn't take much notice of where the power outlets were then because my partner didn't have the CPAP. I just knew there must have been one somewhere, because I charged up my camera. Being from the UK, we always travel with adapters for all sorts of plugs, and will also take a power strip on an extension cord, just to be on the safe side. I hope you enjoy your voyage on Star Flyer.