Jacksonville - rum runners?

greenl78

I sail on the Fascination in 2 weeks, and I'm debating if I should get rum runners or not.

I already posted about this but didn't get much response (but thank you to the ones who did respond!), but has anyone had any recent smuggling success out of Jacksonville? I'm just wondering if it's worth it to buy rum runners or if Jaxport isn't that strict?

Oh, and for the record, we'd be taking in vodka for my husband, and carnival does not carry the brand he likes. We'll be running up a good bar tab with the overpriced beer, so carnival will make $. ;)

Thanks!

I haven't seen any cruiser who has had booze confiscated complaining about them taking their rum runners. They do seal fairly snugly but put them in a zip lock bag for extra precaution and pack them in your checked luggage between the clothing. You should be fine. Avoid the shamppo bottles, waterbottles, soda bottles, actual liqour bottles wrapped in towels route.

I'm sailing out of JAX in a few weeks and have been considering this same question -- I appreciate this thread.

While not applicable to the OP's situation since the brand isn't carried, isn't there also the option of pre-ordering liquor through Bon Voyage? I've seen the price lists -- compared to prices here they're more than double for the stuff I'd get. On the other hand, no risk of surprises once you get to your cabin.

Anyone know if you can order additional bottles once on-board?

Archived