Any suggestions for transportation from Sao Paulo to Santos ?

pabi

What is Garudas?

Are you trying to say you are flying into Guarulhos (GRU) airport? (Pronounced: Gwah-RULE-yohss) (Which is actually an hour north of São Paulo in a town also called Guarulhos) And need to get from there to the cruise port in Santos?

First check to see if your cruise line offers transportation. It may be the most convenient.

Alternate by public transportation: Airport bus to Tiete station. Subway to Jabaquara station. Bus to Santos. Taxi to port.

Viacao Cometa or Translitoral from airport to Santos (iirc)

------

All alternate private transfers below are www. .com.br

They may make one stop at the in town Congonhas airport.

Personalbus

ExpressoBrasiliero

RapidoBrasiliero

ExpressoLuxo

Ultra

-----

Edited by VidaNaPraia

It really depends on your plans. If you intend to go straight from the international airport GRU to the cruise terminal, then your cruise line transfer is likely the most convenient and efficient. It's about a 2-hour ride, less if traffic isn't bad. It may appear transfers aren't available without bundling with cruise air or a hotel stay, but they are--ask your TA or cruise line if you booked direct. The cost was $32 USD pp in Mar 2012 with Royal Caribbean.

If you intend to go see SP first, then you will need something else for the approx. one-hour link. If you're staying at a hotel, ask them for taxi price vs a recommended private transfer.

Have a great trip!

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

What is Garudas?

Are you trying to say you are flying into Guarulhos (GRU) airport? (Pronounced: Gwah-RULE-yohss) (Which is actually an hour north of São Paulo in a town also called Guarulhos) And need to get from there to the cruise port in Santos?

First check to see if your cruise line offers transportation. It may be the most convenient.

Alternate by public transportation: Airport bus to Tiete station. Subway to Jabaquara station. Bus to Santos. Taxi to port.

Viacao Cometa or Translitoral from airport to Santos (iirc)

------

All alternate private transfers below are www. .com.br

They may make one stop at the in town Congonhas airport.

Personalbus

ExpressoBrasiliero

RapidoBrasiliero

ExpressoLuxo

Ultra

-----

Yes, I meant Guarulhos (GRU) airport.... Garudas was actually an airline from the past...:o

Thank you so much for the info:)

.....we arrive around 10am on the 18th from LAX, and plan on taking the Cometa bus. There is a ticket booth outside of the terminal. Keep looking at the "South America" thread. It is filled with a lot of advice on transportation. Pricing should be less than $20/pp

.....we arrive around 10am on the 18th from LAX, and plan on taking the Cometa bus. There is a ticket booth outside of the terminal. Keep looking at the "South America" thread. It is filled with a lot of advice on transportation. Pricing should be less than $20/pp

Many thanks for the info...will try to google Cometa bus to find out their schedule...and also will keep looking at all SA thread...

I'm going with the cruise line transfer to get from GRU to Santos for my Splendour cruise this month. It looks like from your signature that you're on Royal Caribbean as well. The cost is only $25 a person which I thought was a bargain given the length of the drive.

Edited by grnyel05

I'm going with the cruise line transfer to get from GRU to Santos for my Splendour cruise this month. It looks like from your signature that you're on Royal Caribbean as well. The cost is only $25 a person which I thought was a bargain given the length of the drive.

for sure that's a bargain... I have yet to contact RCCL to add the transfer to our reservation but will do it in the next few days...many thanks :)

Yes, I meant Guarulhos (GRU) airport.... Garudas was actually an airline from the past...:o

Thank you so much for the info:)

Garuda is still the national carrier of Indonesia, as far as I know.

Hope you post your experience. We may need a shuttle that could accommodate someone with a wheelchair, but that's far from certain and wouldn't be until next year. Not sure if Cometa bus could. I certainly couldn't take the public transportation option, with a change of transport, if I had much luggage.

Edited by Fattony

Garuda is still the national carrier of Indonesia, as far as I know.

Hope you post your experience. We may need a shuttle that could accommodate someone with a wheelchair, but that's far from certain and wouldn't be until next year. Not sure if Cometa bus could. I certainly couldn't take the public transportation option, with a change of transport, if I had much luggage.

Absolutely...I will post the transportation info after we finally decide on which "route" to take. I flew Garuda a very long time ago to Bali....a beautiful island in Indonesia

for sure that's a bargain... I have yet to contact RCCL to add the transfer to our reservation but will do it in the next few days...many thanks :)

No problem. One other thing to note is that at least for me when I booked the transfer with Royal Caribbean online I didn't see the details about the timing for the transfer until my cruise documents issued, and the info was a few pages from the back of the cruise documents. Here's the information that is in the booklet:

On the scheduled day of ship boarding a cruise line representative

will meet your flight in the International Debark Area - Terminal 1, to

assist you with transportation to the ship.

The representative will be available from 8:00 AM until 12:00 PM.

The transfer buses are not private and will depart when they are at

full capacity.

The last transfer will leave promptly at 12:00 PM.

Please ensure to have all necessary documentation for your trip.

Unused transfers are non-refundable.