Airport nearest Port of Galveston

jeanscruise

Thanks for your reply. Even flying into Houston Hobby, that's a pretty good trek from airport to port. I'd hate to think what that cab ride would cost. :) I guess they have bus services or something. Will have to look into that! Thanks again. Jean

you need to fly into hobby if possible they have a cruise shuttle that goes to galveston cant remember exact price much cheaper than cab

IAH is quite a distance from the cruise port

It's been a few years since my Conquest cruise out of Galveston, so this may be dated...

We flew into BIA, others in our party into Hobby.

We used a Carnival Shuttle to and from the airport. Don't remember the cost, but it was reasonable (49?). We had to wait about 45 minutes for a shuttle, but were enroute within 10 minutes of getting on the bus. Went straight to the port. I'm thinking it was about 1 hr 15 minutes, and in a heavy rain.

After the cruise, we all got on the same bus. Stopped at Hobby and let those people off, then to Bush. We seemed to wait longer at the port for this bus to fill, but it wasn't too bad.

It wasn't a bad experience, although it could have been a little smoother. I was a wreck the entire flight, wondering if we would make it on time. Since then, I always get to port the day prior to the cruise.

The Carnival transfer from Hobby to the port is $39. Quick and easy- used it last week. Buses filled quickly and we were on our way in no time. Same thing going from the port back to the airport.

We are going in 2 weeks. Our flight doesnt leave until 3:30 on the way back home. What time does the Carnival shuttle leave from Galveston to IAH? I was hoping not to have to rush off the ship first thing in the morning.

Oh...can't wait!!! :):)

Stop the presses, there is a company that shuttles people from Houston to galveston!!!! Galveston Limousine has several pick ups and drops off a day from Hobby and Bush (IAH) airport. You can do a shared van (set times), group van (you pick time), and Limo service (you pick time)....

Anyone going out of Galveston should check out the website galveston.com and you can find just about everything you need--hotel, restaurants, transportation, entertainment, and tourist spots.

Several years back my DW and I flew into Hobby the day before the cruise. I rented a car from Enterprise and we drove to Gavleston. We ended up staying at the Tremont Hotel. It was nice to have a car to drive around and see the sights. On the morning of the cruise, I simply drove the car to the Galveston Enterprise office and they took me back to the hotel. We then took the free hotel shuttle to the ship.:):)

Archived