Key West Aquarium

*jess*

We divided and did both -- my husband and then 14 yr old did the Aquarium, my 10 yr old and I the shipwreck museum. We thoroughly enjoyed the shipwreck museum, plus there is a tower you can climb for a fabulous view of Key West. My 14 yr old enjoyed the aquarium, but my husband wasn't terribly impressed. Enjoy whatever you choose!

Has anyone been? Would you recommend it? Would you recommend it over the shipwreck museum?

Taking 2 kids ages 7 and 14

6 in one / half dozen in the other. Neither are anything really special, but I'm not saying don't do them.

The aquarium is very small. There are a couple touch tanks, one of which has small nurse sharks, several small glass tanks, and 2 outdoor areas. You'll probably be in and out in a hour.

The Shipwreck museum is a guided tour. It starts with a video that the kids will probably find boring. However, it ends with a climb up the observation tower, and the views are really nice from up there.

Yeah it's been mentioned to me by someone that's going that the museum might be boring and they weren't that interested.... I figured the aquarium would allow us to do the touch tank and look at a few things in the AC to take a break from walking around outside. Thanks guys!

Archived