Will Princess give us milk for the "Bedtime Bottle"?

Olwyn

Travelling with my 20 month old neice in October on Star Princess...and wondering how you would go about getting 'whole milk' for her bottle?

Will the ship provide?:confused:

Have read horror stories of folks trying to find milk in 'port'.....and taking it onboard with you the first day...sounds risky...milk could turn, by the time you find your cabin..

Milk should count as her meal...cause she won't eat much else!

Anyone know firsthand?

Thanks!

Olwyn

:)

Room service/ Buffet or ask for a carton of milk at dinner. Take a small cooler-- one that holds 12 cans or soo-- keep it iced and get the milk in there to keep it cold.

On the first day of the cruise, I get a hold of our cabin steward and tell him that my kids would really like milk and cookies every evening at bedtime if possible. I tell him the specific time I want it and let him know I really appreciate it and there will be a little something extra in it for him. The cabin stewards have NEVER failed to comply with my wishes, especially since they know their tip will be bigger.;)

Another thing we do since my kids are big milk drinkers is get a few extra of those little milk cartons at breakfast. If our cabin includes a fridge, we put it in there. If there's not a fridge in our cabin we just put it in the collapsible cooler we bring along in our suitcase. On just about every cruise we've been on, our cabin steward has always put fresh ice in our cooler when he cleaned the room.:) I know you can just order milk any time you want it from room service because it's free. But since these people get paid very little and rely on tips, I tip every time which can add up. That's why I go the other route.

Another good thing to do for a baby that age is get the little mini boxes of cereal at breakfast for her to snack on. When we cruise, we get several little boxes of Cheerios at the breakfast buffet. They are small enough to fit into your purse of diaper bag and are the perfect snack for little ones.

we just came back from grand princess with 3yo and 16mo. there's plenty of milk in cartons either from room service or buffet or even from the dining rooms! just ask and they will provide. they also have the small boxes of cereals except they don't have cheerios on the grand. we took the cereal and milk ashore for day long excursions and even in the med heat, the milk was good without any coolers!

have fun!

We just returned from a Mediterraean cruise with our 2 1/2 yr old who is a BIG milk drinker. We told our cabin steward that our youngest needed milk each evening and he ensured that our refrigerator stocked with milk. The only time we had an issue was the first evening (when we didn't think to mention that to him) so we called room service and had milk delivered.

Bottom line, milk on the ship should not be a problem.

Have a great trip.

• 1 month later...

Every cabin on the Star Princess has a frig. Just make sure it seems cold enough before using -- that it wasn't unplugged. We fill our frig with bottles of water and Pepsi (former for hubby and latter for me) that we bring aboard. Your room steward will bring ice upon request.

Archived