Prinsendam Dolphin Deck

Relaxing1

We usually book the main deck forward of the atrium, E category. My brother was in in F category also forward of the Atrium and they heard the pounding of the waves against the hull. So I expect that you that some of the noise you might hear. Might be waves. Also, if there is tendering, I am sure being that far forward you will hear the anchor chain. Definitely, a good wake-up call.

We have never done F424 and it was a problem cabin for two weird reasons. It is one of the few cabins without a walk in closest and they have a large clothing cabinet (with sliding doors). Those doors were difficult and one day an entire heavy door fell off on DW (she was fine) which was quite a shock (we had two cocktails that evening rather then our usual one). The other issue was that a few times, late at night, we could hear the sounds of a ping pong game. After a few nights DW woke me (because she could not sleep) and I told her she was nutz. But to keep the peace I walked down to Guest Relations to tell them DW was hearing ping pong balls (am sure they had a good laugh about this since it was 2 am). But it turned out that there was a crew ping pong tournament going on right below our cabin which was in an open area near the Forward Port Exit Door (used in ports).

Another issue on D deck is that you can sometimes smell cigarette smoke (and it can be strong) in the port corridor. Apparently it is vented up to that area (through the HVAC system) from the crew smoking area...below. So we now suggest that if booking a forward D Deck cabins...folks might want to be on the Starboard side :). And you might want to avoid those cabins that are marked (on the detailed deck plan) as not having a walk-in closet.

I should also mention we have exactly 200 days (4 cruises) on the Prinsendam and she remains our favorite HAL vessel.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner