Tokyo - Port to Airport

dcl

I'm looking for the best and cheapest way to get from the ports of Tokyo to the airport.

The cruise I'm on is quoting $250 per person for transfer. $500 for 2,I think is rediculious.

Would appreciate your help

Correction - After further talks with the cruiseline, the transfer is $250 per couple.

not per person

But this still seems high, but I might be wrong.

Anyone know a good shuttle service in Tokyo?

• 6 months later...

dcl: There are Limousine buses that depart from the Major Hotels to the Airport. They run about $45.00 per person US. There is also an Express Train on the JR Rail line that goes from central Tokyo to the Airport. JR has a website with information in several languages, including English.

All the information I have looked at in preparation for my upcoming trip, discourages paying the exorbitant Taxi prices. I am starting my journey in

Tokyo, so will make my way to the ship using the ship's transfer service.

CaseyT

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi--

Is your ship in Tokyo or in Yokohama?

If you are in port in Tokyo, get to the Tokyo City Bus Terminal (I am not sure that this is the exact name, however). It may take ten minutes, but I don't know the cab fare for this.

There is a bus ("Friendly Bus") from the third (?) floor of the City Bus Terminal to Narita Airport. Leaves about every 30 minutes or so. Fare is probably about $30-35 today. They take credit card payments. Takes maybe 45 minutes to the airport. I find that this is easier than the train, personally.

Be sure that you have identification with you, as there is a police identification check at the entrance to the airport.

Good luck and hope that this helps.

AJ

AJ is talking about the Tokyo City Air Terminal (TCAT). Pronounced "Tee-cat".

It is located next to the Royal Park Hotel in Chuo-ku in Central Tokyo.

These are the same limousine buses that stop at all the major hotels to pick you up and take you to the airport. They do have buses that go directly from TCAT to Narita for 3400 yen per person. Busaes depart about every 20 minutes.

Before 9-11 you could go through Immigration and Airline check-in and baggage check in at TCAT, then just stroll onto the airplane at Narita. But no longer. Now its just transport to the airport

They do have a website if you need more information.

The trip is just under an hour.

The bus is nice, but the First Class Narita Skyliner Train is much nicer - and faster - for 2900 yen. It passes through all the Tokyo suburbs and small towns on the way to Narita. A great final tour of Japan before your flight. The end of the line is the lower floor of the air terminal at Narita.

• 3 weeks later...

The train is wonderful. However, be aware that you will be shlepping all your own luggage through a train station, and up and down stairs. When we were there last (7 years ago) there was no bellman or porter service.

Once you're on the train, there's plenty of room to store your luggage.

• 1 month later...

Archived