Silk Harves Menu question

north49th

There's no such thing as a stupid question... right?

We're booked on the Jan 10 2014 Equinox 10 night cruise and I was thinking of booking a few specialty restaurants on formal nights.

Looking at the Silk Harvest menu they have "small plates" and "large plates"?

Are the small plates items each diner can personalize their shared large plates with OR are they appetizers before you order shared "large plates" OR...?

Signed,

Confused :(

The small plates are things like dumplings, wontons, satay sticks etc, while the large plates were more of a main meal in themselves, curries, stirfries, noodles etc. You can order as much as you want from any of them. We ended up getting a bunch of small plates to share first, then a few large plates to share as a main. I actually preferred the small plates as I could try lots and lots of different things without filling up on just one type of food, like I did with the large plates :)

But really, there are no rules here, the waiter will let you order whatever you like, and will probably encourage you to order more than you were planning, like we did :D I loved the rock shrimp, cream cheese wontons and satay sticks the best, I couldn't eaten them all day!