4 person room

We've booked a 4 person large ocean view stateroom on the "Splendour" for the June 20th sailing in the Mediterranean. We were originally booked in a 3 person room because only our daughter was coming but our son is also going to be lucky enough to come with us so we upped the room. Unfortunately, the budget doesn't allow us to move up any higher in class, so this is where we have to make do. I'm curious how familiar anyone is with the 4 person rooms and what we should expect? Bunks? Murphy beds? Are these rooms even minutely bigger than the other "large ocean view staterooms"?

I did this with 3 (myself and two 17 year old nieces) and its doable, but ONLY if you view it only as a place to sleep and take a shower and don't spend much time in the room (we didn't). Make no mistake, these rooms are tight. The one niece that slept in the pullman bunk from the ceiling said they were very comfortable and didn't have a bit of trouble trying to sleep. The main problems are one bathroom for 4, coordinating showers and everyone trying to get ready for dinner.

How oldare the kids? Small kids are more doable then 4 adults. Take some masking tape and mark off ten feet by 15 feet, your cabin is 154 sq. ft. Now think about 2 beds that will be on the floor (the others are hidden during the day). Can you live like that? It's a very tight squeeze and I personally wouldn't do it because it would ruin my vacation but YMMV.

Archived